Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Video issue after latest update

RDunn5
Novice

Greetings. I have the driver download utility set up to tell me when there are updates available. After installing the latest ones that were available for my laptop a few days ago, video wouldn't play. Local video files or streaming. I tried a few different sources for streaming and a few different local files from different drives and folders. I did get a couple to play using VLC player but they wouldn't play all the way through with differing lengths of playability. No other video players on my system would even think about it though. They would show the first frame and stop there. I let a few sit for quite awhile before stopping and trying another route. I use MS Movies and TV, Dell Cinema suite, Netflix, various online sites, and I even tried just MS Photos app as it does play videos, in addition to VLC player. Browsers; IE(rarely but I tried it) Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. I rolled back my drivers and all is well now. I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7000 series 7586 2 in 1, Win10 pro legit and updated, onboard shared Intel 620 graphics, 24gb system RAM, 256gb PCIe NVMe2 ssd + 2tb SATAIII HDD. Nothing fancy and works well before and after rollback. Just thought I'd share. I have no interest in trying again, I will wait for next update and try again. Thanks for any input on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RDunn5,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RDunn5, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In case you want to help with more information to check this behavior, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

2. Can you confirm exactly what is the driver version of the is the driver that causes this issue?  

3. On the other hand, what is the driver that works without any problem?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RDunn5,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello RDunn5,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos