Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20696 Discussions

Viewsonic VX3211-4K-MHD Monitor & Intel Xe Graphics Issue

engineeren
Beginner

Hello,

With my Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro device with a new i5-11320H processor and Intel XE Graphics chip, I cannot get display with HDMI from my Viewsonic VX3211-4K-MHD monitor.

I can get display from this monitor with different brand - model devices. So there is no fault in both monitor and laptop.

I tried various operations, but my problem was not solved. I tested it with both Windows and Ubuntu system; The monitor is perceived by the system, but it does not give any display. Since there may be cable -induced problems, I also tested it with a few different HDMI cables. Another point that attracted my attention was this;  the monitor in stand-by mode, different brand - model devices can wake up it, but this laptop unfortunately cannot be wake up.

A different PC with the Intel XE graphic chip exhibited strange behaviors with this monitor. So I wanted to report it here, thinking that the problem may be related to the graphics card driver, I hope you can help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello engineeren

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing no display issues with your system.

Please let us know the following information:

• Have you tested the laptop with different monitors?
  • Are the other devices that work with the monitor HDMI? Are they desktop or laptop devices?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Also, please try to reset your Bios to default settings and check if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
engineeren
Beginner

Hello again,

• Have you tested the laptop with different monitors?

Yes,  I tested both laptop and monitor with different devices actually. They works fine.

• Are the other devices that work with the monitor HDMI? Are they desktop or laptop devices?

I tried it with both laptop and desktop and it works fine with both. Just, when I tried it with a different laptop with Intel Iris Xe Graphics, it could not wake the monitor in standby mode on that device. After manually waking the monitor, it had no problem with displaying.

On the Lenovo brand laptop we talked about, the monitor cannot be woken from standby mode and even if I wake it manually, display is not provided. After a short time, the monitor gives a no-display warning and goes into standby mode.

You can find the log file as attachment.

Also, please try to reset your Bios to default settings and check if the same issue happens.

I tried but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello engineeren, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the details shown in the SSU report, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.2079, which is provided by Lenovo and it should be the proper driver for your device tested and customized by them:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/5-series/ideapad-5-pro-16ihu6/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators

Even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes, please try a clean installation of our latest graphics drive version 30.0.101.4146 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html?wapkw=xe%2520graphics

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Lenovo Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello engineeren

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello engineeren

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
engineeren
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply.

I actually tried a lot of new configurations in this time. I upgraded BIOS and instaleld the new intel drivers, but none of them provided a solution.

I think the problem may be due to BIOS. In fact, while doing my tests, the new BIOS version caused heating and fan speed control problems on my device. I had to revert to the old BIOS version.

Whatever the reason, it seems rather strange that it only happens only this monitor.

0 Kudos