Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Virtualization for best performance

Vortex64
Novice

Hello community, at first happy of joining on Intel family here. It is my first posting and sorry if i wrote wrong.

I have Thinkpad E14 GEN2. From the screenshot which should i have to turn ON for Virtualization? Which one is more best?

P.S. What about kernel DMA should i make it on too?

P.S.S. I do not find appropriate Location and chose Graphics sorry.

Thanks in advance. that is important for me. wait your kind support.

Kind regards,

Vortex64

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Vortex64

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

To give you recommendations we need more information from the system:

• Did you check with the OEM for the correct BIOS settings?
  • Which tool are you trying to use for virtualization?
  • Which processor do you use?
  • Which OS and version do you use?
  • Which OS will you use on this virtual machine?

Even If you change some settings on the OS, you won't be able to use it if the BIOS isn't running the correct settings.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Vortex64
Novice

@David_G_Intel Thanks for your response.

1. Which OS and version do you use? - Windows x64 20H2 build:19042.804;

2. Which OS will you use on this virtual machine? - I will use Linux OS's and will have some Windows OS's too for my online lessons.

3. Which processor do you use? -  System SKU LENOVO_MT_20TA_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 - Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 2419 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s);

4. Which tool are you trying to use for virtualization? - I am using VM ware player 16 as for personal use.

5. Did you check with the OEM for the correct BIOS settings? - SMBIOSBIOSVersion
R1EET32W(1.32 ) - That is if u meant that. If not please explain me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Vortex64

Thank you for your response. 

This processor does support virtualization, but you need to contact the manufacturer of the laptop for more information on BIOS settings. You need the correct settings to use virtualization, only the OEM can guide you through the BIOS to change the settings. To get the best performance, please check with the virtualization software support or developers.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician