Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20625 Discussions

Vram increase problems

M07a
Beginner

so i have been trying lately to increase my vram from 64 to 512 and for some reason it doesnt work!!  i tried the Regedit method by pressing windows + R  and used both Q and Dword but still nothing changing named the file as required and still no use  
and my pc is 4GB ram and my GPU is (look at the pic)  so i really need help here intel!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
M07a
Beginner

Thanks for the reply here are the results!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, so let's get real...

This is a 12-year-old (2010) laptop with a 1st generation Intel Core i5 processor. This processor is NOT supported for use with Windows 10 and Intel did not provide a Windows 10 device driver for its graphics engine. In order to allow you to run Windows 10 on PCs this old, Microsoft included an inbox compatibility driver. This driver's performance is poor, its capabilities are limited and its support for standard APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, etc.) is down-rev and not upgradable. This driver does not support any registry hacks for VRAM increase. 

If there is a way to increase the VRAM, it would be provided within the laptop's BIOS. If the BIOS doesn't provide such a capability, then you are simply out of luck. Time for a laptop upgrade.

Reality Bites,

...S

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello M07a

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
M07a
Beginner

aw man, i kinda knew about this but not this much, well cant do anything about it sadly posted that forum just incase cuz i thought i can change the vram atleast to 128 i guess

0 Kudos