Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Vulkan returns device lost error with depth test enabled.

sugirobi
Novice

Hi,

When I'm using a pipeline with tessellation shader, and the depth test is enabled, vulkan returns device lost message, seems that it is a driver issue. Without depth test enabled  it works. Also pipelines without tessellation shader and enabled depth test works fine. With AMD and NVIDIA I have no problem.

I attached the sample apps for both cases, with and without the depth test. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

I would like to let you know that this bug has been reported to our driver developer team, as soon as there is an update we will publish it in the community thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?

3. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

4. Are you receive an error code? If so, what is the error?

5. Are you using software/app/ program? If so, what is the name?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
sugirobi
Novice

Hi Deivid,

I attached the system info file.

2 I'm using a desktop computer

3 The problem is reproducible at least with drivers from this year. 

4 I receive a VK_ERROR_DEVILE_LOST error code after a few seconds.

5 The attached 1.zip contains  a cpp capture generated with NVIDIA NSIGHT Graphics.  It is generated from Allplan 2022.

regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

Thanks for the information provided, 

Based on the report from the Intel® System Support Utility, please try the following suggestions:

1. You have installed the BETA drivers version, install the official graphics drivers version:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30579/Intel-Graphics-Windows-DCH-Drivers

2. Try a BIOS update, you may need to contact Asus for instructions:

- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Z390-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
sugirobi
Novice

Hi Deivid,

The latest driver doesn't solve the problem. 

Sorry, but I can't update the latest BIOS because I'm working from remote desktop, and I can't configure the bios after the update.

May I ask you to try the attached sample applications from 1.zip to reproduce the problem ? When the application works correctly it should draw a spline. 

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

We are going to try to replicate this issue, however, in order to proceed I will need the following:

1. Can you take a video with the step by step? This is for us to make sure we are following the right steps.

2. Can you share a link where we can download the software that you used? If possible a free version.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
sugirobi
Novice

Hi Deivid,

I created a short video, how to reproduce the problem.

The application is not avaiable yet for download. It is a development version.

For that reason I created the small examples already attached in my first post (1.zip) to easily reproduce the problem.

Is it enough for you ?

regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

Thanks for the information provided so far, 

We were preparing the hardware, now we are going to proceed to replica the issue, as soon as we have any updates we will let you know.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sugirobi, 

I would like to let you know that this bug has been reported to our driver developer team, as soon as there is an update we will publish it in the community thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos