Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

What are the Intel Iris Xe and Intel UHD 770 iGPU decoders?

Buldoz99
Beginner
I would like to know which of these 2 iGPUs (the Iris on the i5-12600H, the UHD on the i5-12600HX) has better decompression performance (compared to an AV1 video signal), but I can't find any benchmarks about it, can someone help me?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Buldoz99,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some questions related to the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and the Intel® UHD 770.

In this case, Intel does not provide information/advice about the performance of a unit and or which ones to get since this will depend on the use given by the user.

However, you can check the encoding and decoding support for the Intel graphics using the following steps:

1. Identify the Integrated graphics of the processor.
    1. Go to Intel Ark 
    2. On the right-hand side of the page, you'll see the text box Search specifications
  2. Type in your processor model
  • Once done, please press the magnifying glass 
  1. Find the processor you've typed in on the list 
    1. Click the processor you've typed in earlier
  • Alternatively, click the processor you've typed in from the dropdown list 
  1. On the left-hand side of the page, click Processor Graphics. 
    1. The first entry that you'll see (example: Intel® UHD Graphics 630) should be the Integrated graphics that you'll need to check the codecs
  2. Check the list of Encode and Decode Capabilities for 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and Newer 
  3. Match the Integrated graphics that you've found in step 1 to the listed graphics the columns above will show the supported codecs by the Integrated graphics 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Buldoz99, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Buldoz99, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos