Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

What are the maximum refresh rates for HD Graphics 520 and UHD Graphics 620?

Ekren
Beginner

Hi,

I have a personal laptop which has HD Graphics 520 (with a mini display port v1.2 output), and a work laptop which has UHD Graphics 620 (with a HDMI v1.4b output).

My question is; what are the maximum refresh rates these GPUs can give at the following resolutions?

• 1920x1080
  • 2560x1440

I am trying to decide on the specs of monitor I am considering the purchase & will appreciate any support about my question on refresh rate.

@idata , maybe you can help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ekren,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you would like to know the maximum refresh rates for both graphics adapter for the specified resolutions.

First, in reference of the resolutions and the refresh rate, we have a max resolution and refresh rate capabilities for bot graphics adapters and you can check them here:

1.   Intel® HD Graphics 520.  

2.   Intel® UHD Graphics 620

As you can see in the link provided both graphics adapter supports a Max Resolution of 4096x2304 with a refresh rate of 60Hz when connected via HDMI 1.4, and a resolution of 4096x2034 using DP connection with a refresh rate of 60Hz.

When talking about laptops, there are several things that we need to take into consideration such as the video output that is in use and other facts.

Actual capabilities for supported resolutions may vary from one system to another depending on system configuration. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) may limit functionality and features. 

Therfore, the laptop may allow or may not allow certain resolutions.

The best way to determine the max refresh rate and resolution support for your laptop would be to check with your laptop manufacturer.

Additionally, you can use a bandwidth calculator such as KRAMER* to compare the bandwidth that you will require for different configurations.

I hope this helps.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ekren,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Ekren
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I purchased a full hd monitor which supports 75 hz refresh rate. And it seems I have no problem using both my work laptop and personal laptop in full hd resolution with 75hz rate.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ekren,

I’m glad to know that your new monitor is working as expected.

I hope you enjoy it!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ekren,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos