Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

What are we doing for customers using Win 10 RS5 with Intel Graphics (DCH drivers) but are not able to be connected to the internet so cannot access the Microsoft Store to get the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel?

Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

It seems that with the DCH drivers, the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel currently can only be installed via the Microsoft Store and that won't work for users who are offline. There are many use cases where the platform CANNOT be on the internet (medical, ATM, slot machines, etc). Is there someplace they can get and install the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel maybe on edc.intel.com or Downloadcenter?? Intel is going to need to provide this as we are forced to switch to a DCH only driver model to allow ALL customers to install and use our graphics!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KBlum, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I appreciate the feedback you have provided us, we are currently looking into this. Please allow some time and I will be getting back to you as soon as possible, I definitely understand your position so I am looking to see if there is a way to solve this. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KBlum, The decision to remove the Control Panel from the driver package is not Intel's, but rather as per Microsoft's requirements. Systems that do not have access to the Internet should only be validated to use Legacy drivers (non-DCH), or as an alternative the system manufacturer can release DC drivers (DC drivers still include the Control Panel bundled). More information about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately, the DC drivers are not maintained so none of the security, performance or new features (like latest gen CPUs) are unsupported with the older driver.  In that case, the only way to have a safe and reliable driver is to use the latest DCH drivers on an offline system.  We need a IGCC Installer for those cases so customers CAN stay current even though they do not fit the typical PC use case.

0 Kudos