Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

What is Correct Driver Version for Intel HD Graphics 4600

DB2
Beginner

Hi,

The PC spec is a Lenovo G510 laptop, Intel i7 4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM and 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000LM048 - 2E7172, running a Windows 10 upgrade.

A few weeks ago I had a new hard drive fitted in my Lenovo G510 laptop. Before I took the PC to be repaired the installed video drivers were [Intel VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) Version 10.18.15.4279], but when I got the PC back from the shop it had the following drivers installed [Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers Version 20.19.15.4624].

Since the PC came back from the repair shop I don't have the graphics studio software or the Realtek audio manager, so I want to install the drivers again, but when I go to the Intel or Lenovo support sites I cannot find the version of the drivers now installed by the repair guy (Version 20.19.15.4624).

I'm wondering which official source can I get the new drivers from please, so I can put them back if anything happens when I try to get the graphics suite and sound studio software back on?

If Intel HD Graphics 4600 Version 20.19.15.4624 is an official driver why is it not listed on Intel's site under Intel HD Graphics 4600?

Also, how do I get the RealTek Audio Sound Studio Manager app that has the different sound settings like room, stone floor and disco back please?

The Lenovo site shows the original factory sound drivers as [Audio Driver (Conexant) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G510 – Version Conexant 8.66.4.0], but when I got the PC back I had these installed [Conexant 8.66.16.50, Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher].

Both drivers appear to be Conexant, so why is the sound studio missing? Can I get just the sound studio on its own please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Select OS from right pull-down menu. Hit "show more".

To bypass message "best driver is already installed", "customized computer manufacturer driver" or "computer is not validated" install driver via have disk method as described at:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface (ignore prolog about MS surface)

Important: current drivers for Windows 10 require anniversary update or newer

0 Kudos
DB2
Beginner

Hi Stefan3D,

I have taken a look at the information detailed at your links; the official Intel 4600 HD drivers listed on the Intel page you linked to are not as recent as the ones currently installed, so I'm still not sure how the PC repair guy managed to obtain later versions of the Intel drivers listed on the Intel and Lenovo official sites and where I can get them.

However, because I'm still getting BSOD, I'm probably going to roll back the drivers to the earlier version at your link anyway.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to respond; it is appreciated.

0 Kudos
kcris3
Beginner

no driver is good for... win 10 64 bit.....the best one is.... "2014 ..version" ...2015 ==limit fps on 60fps but video player app dont tear videos ..2017 ..make game in full screan and video player in full screen tearing soping fps goes to 20 ..so ..all new drivers are not good ...the only one thatis good ...stable is 2014 verion and give fps ...but stay ...ddedicated video memory 0 ..so expect that gta v ...and pes 2017 start by caution ...notice says that your dedicated memory is bad ..but can work after click ok game start ..for that ...intell 4600 is not supported for windows 10 ...the intell workers dont make a good driver ..even they can do ...to make you buy new intell products ...it is oubvious as sun in skies

0 Kudos