Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16839 Discussions

What is Intel Display Audio?

chrix_jar
Beginner

Recently I just update graphic drivers of my laptop which also installed Intel Display Audio. I though it is related to audio drivers or it is video? Can someone describe it briefly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Display Audio signal is transmitted to monitor/TV trough HDMI or DP port. The HDMI/DP cable transfers both signals: video and audio, therefor this signal is a part of Graphics Driver. In additional to this digital audio signal, a computer outputs analog audio signal (trough 3.5 mmm audio port) and this is generated by designated driver (for example Realtek Audio Driver).

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

THe Intel Graphics driver includes both.

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Display Audio signal is transmitted to monitor/TV trough HDMI or DP port. The HDMI/DP cable transfers both signals: video and audio, therefor this signal is a part of Graphics Driver. In additional to this digital audio signal, a computer outputs analog audio signal (trough 3.5 mmm audio port) and this is generated by designated driver (for example Realtek Audio Driver).

Leon

View solution in original post