Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

What is Intel Display Audio?

chrix_jar
Beginner

Recently I just update graphic drivers of my laptop which also installed Intel Display Audio. I though it is related to audio drivers or it is video? Can someone describe it briefly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Display Audio signal is transmitted to monitor/TV trough HDMI or DP port. The HDMI/DP cable transfers both signals: video and audio, therefor this signal is a part of Graphics Driver. In additional to this digital audio signal, a computer outputs analog audio signal (trough 3.5 mmm audio port) and this is generated by designated driver (for example Realtek Audio Driver).

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

THe Intel Graphics driver includes both.

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Display Audio signal is transmitted to monitor/TV trough HDMI or DP port. The HDMI/DP cable transfers both signals: video and audio, therefor this signal is a part of Graphics Driver. In additional to this digital audio signal, a computer outputs analog audio signal (trough 3.5 mmm audio port) and this is generated by designated driver (for example Realtek Audio Driver).

Leon