Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

What is causing this error and how do I fix it?

BDraw
Novice

I'm getting this issue in the reliability report and everything is up to date. Not sure what to do here.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070057: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: StoreAgentInstallFailure1

ClientAppId: Acquisition;DSIC

HResult: 80070057

OSVersion: 17763

OSRevision: 194

DeviceClass: Windows.Desktop

ProductHash: M

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

48 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SVerl, In this case, we recommend following the troubleshooting/solutions provided on this thread. We have confirmed that this may happen due to a conflict on branded systems when pdating non-DCH (a.k.a Legacy) to generic DCH drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com It is worth mentionting that your feedback is highly appreciated. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SVerl
New Contributor I

Hello WannerG,

I followed the troubleshooting steps in this thread:

• remove the UHD630 device with the non-DCH driver, enable ‘delete the driver’ option, disconnected from Internet
  • Reboot, MS Basic Display driver showing in the Device Manager
  • Reconnect to Internet, let Windows Update install an Intel Graphics device driver

However still the Windows Update error pops up, see the diagnostics files I uploaded in this thread.

I tried this troubleshooting route with the OEM supplied Intel Graphics driver, no joy either.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SVerl, You mentioned that performing the recommended solution #1 fixed this issue before. This is the recommended steps for your system. Try performing these steps one more time, and let us know if the issue persists. 1. Use only drivers provided directly by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as they are customized and validated for your system configuration. Follow these steps to properly switch to the best OEM drivers for your computer: 1. Disconnect from the Internet. 2. Uninstall the generic DCH drivers via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 3. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Reconnect to the Internet. 6. Go to Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics" or "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". 7. Select "Update Driver". 8. Allow Windows Update to Search for the best drivers for your system. 9. Install the driver. 10. Restart the computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SVerl
New Contributor I

Hi WannerG,

Your steps, as listed above, are working now!

I am happy to report the Windows Updates error disappeared.

My problem was I did never remove in all my attempts the Intel Graphics Control Panel of the DCH driver ..., leaving some control panel files on my system which caused Windows Update trying to install the 9NCGJX5QLP9M update, even when I installed the OEM supplied legacy driver.

I am currently running release 6473 of the Intel Graphics Driver, pushed by Windows Update

0 Kudos
MN0001
Novice

@WannerG_Intel​ What was said so far is not working. I am on the ORIGINAL OEM driver by DELL (Version: 25.20.100.6471 ,A03) for the 9570 notebook, and I still get the error every few days. That is a DCH driver Dell released, so it is obvious, the issue is connected to it.

0 Kudos
SVerl
New Contributor I

Hi MN0001,

What *not* worked for for steps WannerG documented:

• Using an Asrock supplied DCH driver, still the problem (however the Asrock driver was for an B365 MoBo, I have a H370 MoBo, but I guess this should work, is compatible)
  • Using the generic 6577 DCH driver release from Intel

What worked for me is

• unstalling the DCH driver (not thru the Device Manager, but using APPS&Features or the 'Control Panel \ Programs and Features'
  • remove the DCH Intel Graphics Control Panel using APPS&Features \ Remove.
  • To be sure, I emptied the directory C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InstallAgent\Checkpoints\ . It was holding a file 9NCGJX5QLP9M.dat installed by and earlier scan of Windows Update.
  • Reboot, reconnect to Internet, through the Device Manager update the graphics driver through Windows Update.

This installed for me non-DCH drive for my Asrock H370 MoBo (release 6373).

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MN0001, If you have followed the steps provided on this thread and the issue still occurs, please contact your system manufacturer for further support. Hopefully, they will replicate this issue and provide more information to prevent it from happening on your system. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos