Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD630 not found second monitor.

JKrzy1
Beginner

I have a problem with working on two monitors, the system can not see the second monitor.

He works on a DELL Precision 7520 laptop, with an i7-7920HQ processor with Intel HD630 graphics. The laptop is located on the DELL E-Port II docking station, to which two DELL U2412M monitors are connected via DVI-D cables. On another Dell Latidude laptop with two systems installed (Windows 7 and Windows 10), both monitors are detected correctly on both OS. Hardware is OK.

I tried:

Uninstall the graphics driver and install a new one from the Intel website.

Uninstall the graphics driver and install a new one from the site at Dell (maybe the drivers are specially prepared for a specific laptop)

I called the Dell hotline where I was suggested to install clean Windows 10 from their USB drive that came with my laptop, the reason might be windows 10 update after 2-3 month of using which caused problems with the detection of the second monitor. I have not done this yet, I have a lot of software and data for archiving.

If that does not help, Dell suggests replacing the motherboard.

Before, I do not know if there were problems with working on two monitors because now i buy a second monitor and I wanted to use it, previously worked only with one monitor?

Can installing other drivers solve the problem? Maybe incorrectly removing old drivers from the system?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JKrzy1
Beginner

Sys_inf.png

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKrzy1, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to know if the cables you are using are single link or dual link, also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Have you tried connecting 2 monitors to the system but connecting them directly? I mean without the need of using a dock. This is because Intel does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters which includes the use of docks. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. The best solution is doing a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type in both ends. If you are unable to use a straight connection, a possible solution is updating the graphics driver to the latest version. You can contact your system manufacturer to see if there is a graphics driver update available for your system model. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner
  1. One cable is a dual link, the other a single link. I tested and exchanged DVI cables for Display Port and there was no improvement. As I wrote earlier at the same station another laptop (Dell Latitude) detects both monitors and everything works without a problem.
  2. I tried to connect the second monitor directly under the HDMI connector in the laptop also to no avail, I can not see it.

0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKrzy1, Thank you for your response. In a case like this, the problem could be related to the dock, I would like to know though, when you said you tried different cables, did you mean you connected the cables directly to the laptop? Try not using the dock to see if the multiple displays work. Also, I would like to recommend updating Windows* to the latest version, I can see that you do not have the latest Windows* version which is 1809 so please try updating it. Also, after updating Windows* you can update the graphics driver, below you can find a link to download it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28566/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 Let me know the outcome, please attach another DxDiag so we can check that the updates were done successfully. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner

Hello DavidV_Intel

I connected both monitors directly to the laptop. One via the MiniDisplayPort port, the other via HDMI as in the picture in the attachment.

He sees only one monitor connected to the MinidisplayPort port. In my opinion, there is something wrong with the drivers or updates because I remember how I bought a laptop in October 2019 once I used the HDMI port to connect the projector and the HDMI connection worked without a problem.

Hardware (cables and monitors are OK), tested on another laptop.

I have the latest version of widnows bulit 1809.

I have graphic card drivers in version 25.20.100.6472. These are the latest drivers from the DELL site

I could not install the latest version from the website of Intel (there are drivers in version 25.20.100.6577), because the installation receives a message and is moved to the website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles /000005469/graphics-drivers.html.

Where should I look for a problem?

Regards

JKrzy1

0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKrzy1, Thank you for your response. Just to confirm, you mention that the system does work when connecting a monitor and a projector at the same time? Also, in order to install the graphics driver, please follow the steps below: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28566/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. Let me know the outcome please, try the monitors again together after the update. Also, please let me know if both of the connections work, for example, if you connect only the HDMI, do you have image? Or, if you connect only the display port, do you get image? Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JKrzy1
Beginner

Hello David V

I did the following steps:

1. Download latest Driver dch_win64_25.20.100.6577
  2. Disconnect internet
  3. Uninstall the DHC drive and Intel Graphic Control Panel
  4. Restart computer
  5. After restart i see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" in Device Manager
  6. Install the DHC driver from step 1 (Driver dch_win64_25.20.100.6577)
  7. Restart computer
  8. Connect internet

After this steps in device manager i have Intel(R) HD Graphic 630 with driver version 25.20.100.6577 - looks OK.

When i connect (directly on laptop)

1. Only one Monitor by MiniDisplayPort - works fine
  2. Only one Monitor by HDMI - black screen, it's not working, the computer don't see monitor by HDMI port
  3. Two monitors, one by MiniDisplayPort, second by HDMI, computer see only moniotor connected by MiniDisplayPort.

DxDiag in attached file.

Attention:

A few months ago I connected the projector to the HDMI connector and it worked correctly, then I connected only one device. Currently, the laptop can not see the device connected to the HDMI port.

Regards

JKrz1

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JKrzy1, Thank you for your response. According to the information you have provided me, it appears to be an issue more related to hardware than software, this is because before it was working properly and now it isn't. I would strongly recommend to get in contact with the manufacturer of the system to check with them, they may have firmware available for the HDMI port of the laptop. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos