Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

When will Intel support Doom Eternal?

DSaro
New Contributor I
  • Why Doom Eternal crashes before loading main menu?
  • Intel Iris / 1065G7 CPU 😞
  • Whole situation is confusing because DOOM ETERNAL is now part of gameplay.intel.com as "recently added" and DE also figures as issue fixed in commetary to intel VGA latest drivers 😞

Or what should I do to be able to run this game?

Thanks, D.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you running the latest driver package (27.20.100.8187)? You can download it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29554/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers.

...S

DSaro
New Contributor I

Yes, I am. These are the ones datet 5.5.2020. Strange is, that these update is not correctly detected by "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" and this assistant keeps poping up with offer to update to this new version. I verify under Intel Iris |Graphic Control panel that this new version is installed.

But DOOM ETERNAL should be supported even by the previous version and stil nothing 😞

Thanks for your help!!! D.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

All of the issues with IDSA wanting to reinstall or overinstall are being looked at currently. As well, I know Intel folks who are as equally frustrated by Windows Update overinstalling newer drivers.

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Where I had previously blocked Windows Update from stepping on drivers I wanted and rolling them back, with the newest/latest/greatest DCH drivers the issue seems to have been resolved.

Doc

0 Kudos
DSaro
New Contributor I

OK, but the issue with overinstalling the drivers is not the one that is bothering me that much. I have newest drivers installed and DOOME ETERNAL is not running. 😞 So why is DOOM ETERNAL displayed on gameplay.intel.com ? What configuration is supported then? I dont understand :(((((

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DSaro, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please provide the following information: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

2. Do you get any error message when the game crashes? If yes, please include a screenshot of it. 

3. If you can, recording a video when the game crashes might also be useful, if possible, please provide one.

4. Also, feel free to include all the Trouble Shooting steps that you have taken already to try to resolve this. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

DSaro
New Contributor I

Dear Sebastian, thank you very much that you are taking time solving my issue.

• attahced is report from ISSU
  • no shown logs or error messages from the game available (not sure if anything is recorded on tha backround)
  • I am not able to record the video - xbox game bar not suported during game startup
  • I tried everything I know to make the game run - mostly update everyything, even BIOS

What I am not able to try, and you maybe can - pls can you try to run DOOM ETERNAL on any device with Intel Iris G7 VGA chip? Was anybody able to make it run or can you get in touch with the guy who posted DOOM ETERNAL to intel.gameplay.com ? - based on what was it added to intel.gameplay.com ?

Thank a lot, D.

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DSaro, 

Thank you for your reply.   

Please check our recommendations below: 

1. After checking on the gameplay.intel.com website, I could see that your processor has not been tested yet (search using your processor and the game desired); chances are that it is supported but it has not been updated since your processor is very new. 
  2. Also, after researching the game's minimum requirements, I could see that they list some external graphics cards (you can check that here), in this case, it can be an incompatibility problem between the game and the graphics. 
  3. Based on that, to rule out that this is not an incompatibility issue, please try running the game using all the graphics settings at the lowest value, and let us know about the outcome. 
  4. Also, you can use a cellphone to record the video when the game crashes. If you can, please send the video to us since this can be very useful.  

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

DSaro
New Contributor I

Dear Sebastian,

• gameplay.intel.com - pls can you tell me info with which Intel CPU or better to say Intel VGA chip, the game has been tested?
  • Yes, I know that according to games requiremets, Intel VGA integrated chips are not supported and are not working, but why would Intel stated in descrption which comes with 8141 drivers that issues has been fixed? And why do Intel present this game on gameplay.intel.com? That situation is very confusing :(((
  • I can not run the game at all - so Iit is not possible to adjust any settings

Thanks, D.

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello DSaro, 

Thank you for your reply.   

I would like to review this matter internally, as soon as I have an outcome I will update this thread, please kindly wait for our response. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

DSaro
New Contributor I

Hi Sebastian,

Thank You very much that you will ask. I will wait for your response.

D.

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Currently our driver development team is working on improving compatibility with Doom Eternal (bug ID 18011380633).

Unfortunately at this point I do not have an estimated time for an update or potential fix. Often times a driver and game update is required to improve compatibility so please keep your drivers and game up to date.

As soon as we have an update we will post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

OMalk2
Novice

Hi Ronald and to all other devs who read. Thank you for your time and dedication as finally, Doom Eternal works on my Iris Plus Graphics G7 laptop 🙂

Wanted to say tho too that I'm having an issue where the game crashes instantly when alt - tabbing or when switching from fullscreen to windowed. Is that a bug that can be fixed with a future intel GPU update or is this pertaining to the Doom Eternal devs specifically? Thanks again for your and all other intel devs help again 🙂

0 Kudos
DSaro
New Contributor I

Thanks Ronald, at least an honest answer! 🙂

I just wonder why would Intel write specifically about DE issues fixed in 8141 drivers info?? And why do you place DE on gameplay.intel.com ??

I will wait patiently for your update here, D.

SChej
Novice

I just read that the new beta drivers work with the new game update. I have not tried it yet but i will soon.

0 Kudos
DSaro
New Contributor I

WoW!! 😄

Can you share link where to get these new drivers? Thannks, D.

SChej
Novice

I think that these are still the 8236 drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29560/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 that did not work last time but the game update on steam made it work. I have been following the whole situation on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/lowspecgamer/comments/fmbdem/doom_eternal_on_low_spec/

SChej
Novice

Ok so i tried it myself with the new update and it WORKED!!! It did not crash but with my dual core cpu i get bad framerates in intensive parts of the game but i dont really care. The important thing is that it works.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your feedback. I'm happy to hear you can run the game now.

I have some more great news! I can confirm that we have additional fixes for Doom Eternal that are lined up for the next driver release. We are targeting an early June release (dates may shift so don't use your super-shotgun on me if you get the driver a bit later).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Alex999991
Beginner

Hello,

I've just read your discussion and although I didn't have such problems with Doom Eternal then in 2020, now, after latest update nr. 5, which includes DLC Ancient Gods Part II, my Doom crashes right after start, never shows logos of Bethesda or menu. Just blank screen, glimpse of desktop with changed resolution, black screen and comes back to normal desktop. I tried reinstalling, tried diffrent drivers for my Intel UHD Graphics 620. Nothing changes. I wrote to Bethesda, but they don't bother since I have integrated GPU although I played whole Doom Eternal on it. 

Please, can You have a look at it? Maybe Intel can develop and upgrade GPU drivers, I;m pretty sure that lots of users have similar problems, some of which express in discussion on forum on Steam.

0 Kudos