Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Where can i find graphics drivers for Windows Server 2016?

WRien
Beginner

Hi,

I'm unable to find any compatible drivers for Intel HD Graphics on Windows Server 2016. I've upgraded my CPU from an Xeon E3-1225 v5 to a v6, because I couldn't install any drivers under Windows 2016. However, I'm still unable to install any driver package.

I want to use hardware acceleration in VMs via RemoteFX and so on. Can anyone point me to a compatible driver version or describe how I can mod an .inf file to install a Win10 x64 version?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

go to motherbaord manufacturer site , if they released for server 2016.

if you are using laptop, then no support for server 2016 driver

0 Kudos
WRien
Beginner

Since it's not an "of-the-shelve" server there are no graphics drivers available.

I simply do not understand, why the Windows 10 drivers are not allowed to be installed under Windows Server since it's the same architecture underneath

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello WRien, The Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v6 comes with the Intel® HD Graphics P630, currently, we have drivers for Windows 10, 8 and 7, 64 bit only. There are no drivers available for Windows 2016 server. You can find more information on the Intel® HD Graphics P630 here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hd-graphics/hd-graphics-performance-guide.html Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello WRien, We are following your question and we would like to know if you need more help. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello WRien, We are following your question and we would like to know if you need more help. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello WRien, If you need more assistance please contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos