Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Where to Find Intel HD Graphics Drivers?

chrix_jar
Beginner

My client is using Lenovo G500 laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. He is asking me to update graphic drivers to latest version and i tried to find on internet but can't find it. Anyone suggest me a link to download and install latest video drivers that are compatible with above OS version.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

No, I need the model number of the processor. There are likely a number of versions of that laptop, with different processors.

And, I need to know what version of windows 10 is being used? 1909 perhaps?

To do this correctly, you need to provided the information.

If you do not know the information, then download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

And, I very much recommend that you do NOT download drivers from sites like the one you did above.

Either you provide the exact model number of the laptop and processor, and get the driver from Lenovo, or you provide the exact information so we can point you to the proper driver. If you really want to help your client, you must do this.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to use the graphic driver(s) provided by lenovo, especially if that laptop has dual graphics.

Using the Intel generic driver is not recommended.

What is your processor model number? Be exact with the model number.

Doc

chrix_jar
Beginner

I already wrote Lenovo G500 which is laptop model. However, official site is giving an older version of driver. Before installing a fresh copy of OS, i had that latest drivers. BTW i just found an helpful link (https://filesmint.com/intel-hd-graphics-driver/) which includes 15.40.41.5058 latest version of drivers.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, I need the model number of the processor. There are likely a number of versions of that laptop, with different processors.

And, I need to know what version of windows 10 is being used? 1909 perhaps?

To do this correctly, you need to provided the information.

If you do not know the information, then download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

And, I very much recommend that you do NOT download drivers from sites like the one you did above.

Either you provide the exact model number of the laptop and processor, and get the driver from Lenovo, or you provide the exact information so we can point you to the proper driver. If you really want to help your client, you must do this.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

@BBlue3​ You are a SPAMMER

Doc

0 Kudos