Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Why Is The Intel Graphics Control Pannel Not Showing Up AnyWhere On My OS? Please HELP!

JWolf9
Beginner

Hello, I Need Some Help My Intel Graphics Control Panel Is Not Showing up anywhere on my OS even when i right click search it click the up arrow on the bottom right MY CPU is Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU Clocked At 1.10 GHz But it Automatically Turbos Out To 2.60 GHz

My Graphics Are Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600 DirectX Version Is 12 And the Driver Version Is 24.20.100.6292 9/28/18 and when i look for UPDATED Graphics Drivers On This Site I Cant Find Em I Also Tried Updating The Driver In Device Manager And Nothing Works It Says "My Drivers Are Up to Date" Here Is The Thing i Have Another Laptop With Intel CPU And Graphics and The Intel Graphics Control Panel Pops Up When I Right Click And Its Graphics Is Intel(R) HD Graphics With A Intel(R) Pentium(R) P6200 And i Beleive My CPU And GRAPHICS Actually Im SURE Of My Graphics And CPU Being Better than the other laptop and the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel Still Pops Up On that Laptop? Im Honestly Confused If Anyone Can Help Me Solve This Problem It Will Be Appreciated!😋 (Oh Yeah Forgot to Add I Have Windows 10)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @JWolf9​ 

In the latest driver updates the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not included in driver package (it was Microsoft request). You may download it and install as a separate implication from Microsoft Store.

Leon

0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

Ive also tried downloading it from the microsoft store and when i open it it says "And Incompatible Legacy Version of this application is installed on this system. visit intel graphics control panel page in the windows store to know the minimum requirements for launching the application Keep In Mind I Have A Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 And I Dont Have The Intel Graphics Control Panel On My Computer So Im Very Confused"

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

from starting dch driver 25.2.100.6444 control panel was removed . Did you tried to install certified custom driver from manufacturer site

0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

idk if i have if you can link me to the drivers it would be greatly Appreciated!

0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

idk if i have if you can link me to the drivers it would be greatly Appreciated!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. First we want to uninstall all drivers from the system first so under Video Adapters we see 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. To do this, properly follow these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer (refer to the Intel® download center https://downloadcenter.intel.com/) complete the search for the Intel® graphics controller on your system; you can find which Intel® graphics controller is in the system if you refer to https://ark.intel.com searching the Intel® processor model. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have completed the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

sorry somehow i did not get the email so i did not get the chance to do the steps but ill try to find the dhc drivers for my graphics ive looked for the drivers before and had no success finding the drivers but ill try again

EDIT:

Im still unable to find the dhc drivers for my system and when i use the Intel Driver Support thing it finds a update for my graphics but when i try to install them it gives me a error saying : The driver being installed is not validated for this compuer but now when i rescan it says no updates available but my driver date for the graphics are

9/28/2018

and i got the driver from the driver support assistant

Please Help?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 Thank you for the information. • What is the brand and model of your system? • To get detail information about the system please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

sorry did not get the notification again im trying the steps listed and i will have the .TXT file ready soon, i will update this post with the text file attached.

0 Kudos
JWolf9
Beginner

Hi, I Have the text file ready Here Ya Go! 😋

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 Thank you for the information. The Intel® Celeron® N4000 Processor (https://ark.intel.com/products/128988/Intel-Celeron-N4000-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-2-60-GHz-) has the Intel® UHD Graphics 600 integrated, for this graphics controller you can the following available drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126787/Intel-UHD-Graphics-600) on our download center; bear in mind that these drivers generic for your integrated Intel® graphics controller. We recommend contacting Lenovo™ the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for assistance with the driver for your Lenovo™ model. NOTE: To install the drivers you can try the steps provided on Jan 16 2019, recapitulation of the post: First we want to uninstall all drivers from the system first so under Video Adapters we see 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. To do these properly follow these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JWolf9 I was checking your case and would like to know if you were able to test the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos