Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Why can this driver install loop not be fixed?

AlHill
Super User

Users have been experiencing this graphics install loop for months now; possibly a year.

Here is the issue:

• You install the latest DCH driver.  It installs successfully.
  • It asks you to reboot and you do.
  • After the restart, you confirm the driver is correctly installed.  It is.
  • A couple of minutes later, the driver install window pops up and asks you to install.
  • You ask yourself “did I not just install this?”.  You did, and select “cancel”

Ok.  This has to be fixed.  And, quite honestly, that this problem has existed as long as it has, through as many DCH updates as it has, is ridiculous.

1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I have tested the DCH Driver 9077 on two other NUCs: NUC7i7DNHE and NUC8i7HVK. In both NUCs the installation was successful.

In NUC7i7DNHE the Installation wizard started after 1:30 minutes and at the end the restart of the computer was optional.

In NUC8i7HVK, the Installation wizard started after 0:45 minutes and at the end, the rebooting was mandatory.

In both NUCs I've didn't observed the installation loop after reboot. So, this was fixed, but please check the NUC FN where I couldn't install this driver.

Leon

View solution in original post

32 Replies
tomgt
Novice

Driver 9126 wanted another install after reboot.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Bryce_Intel Any idea when the new installer will make its debut?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

DCH 9316 was just released.   The new installer is still missing, the old installer still loops on restart, and there is no mention of the new installer in the "known issues" of the release notes.

0 Kudos
Victorewik
Novice

The new driver has the problem in my laptosps with tho languague entries

In my PC (not  laptot) theres no issue i see only in laptops

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Within the next couple of releases I would hope, though I can't formally commit to anything unfortunately. I can't wait!

.:Bryce:.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Bryce_Intel    It has been more than seven months since my first post, and the new installer (or a fix to the old installer) has not been released.    It is just an installer.   Give me a fridge full of sodas, pizza, and snacks, and I can put one together for you over a weekend.<G>

Bryce_Intel

Hey Doc,

You cracked me up! Next time we'll have the fridge and pantry stocked for you!

It's been confirmed this is lined up for our next production driver which is targeting release within the next couple weeks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Thanks for the update.  

You know, for an old programmer, a weekend is an enternity in which anything can be accomplished.<G>

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Careful Bryce, Al comes to Oregon to visit us from time to time. I can only distract him for so long (took him out to the Coast the first time; it was the Painted Hills, Newberry Crater and Crater Lake the second time). He just might unexpectedly show up at HF looking for Mary - and that fridge...   ;^)

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You know, it has been boring being locked up for more than a year now...    Maybe time to start thinking about another excursion.

Al

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

See! See! All you gotta do is give him wiggle room...

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Not only that, but if Bryce makes the mistake of feeding me, I may not leave.<G>

Al

0 Kudos