Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Why does Intel Graphics Command Center not save display color changes

miuro
Beginner

Hello!

I have asus tuf f15 laptop and noticed that whenever I try to change color settings for the display, it resets immediatly after I close the Command Center or change the window. I saw earlier someone had similar problem but they didn't resolve the issue and the thread was closed. There was an assumption that Intel could conflict with another graphics software. So except for the Intel Graphics I also have Nvidia Control Panel for rtx2050.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

miuroThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, could you please let us know in which country are you located?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
miuro
Beginner

Sure, I'm currently located in Ukraine

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

miuro, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

As part of Intel’s global export compliance program, we perform a review of our customers and business partners to ensure that Intel can remain in compliance with applicable laws. In line with this, could you please tell us where exactly in Ukraine are you located?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
miuro
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

miuro, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was the color settings for the display feature working fine before without resetting itself on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Just in case, here you have some details about "How to Adjust Color Settings Using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058395/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
miuro
Beginner

Yes, this is a new device.
I bought it just a week ago and tried to adjust some color on the laptop's screen when I found out about this issue.
All the software and drivers I installed are the last updates and from the official Asus site.
This happened when I was setting up the laptop at home.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

miuroThank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the details shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 31.0.101.4502, as you mentioned, provided by ASUS.

In order to try to fix this problem, please use the troubleshooting steps provided in the link below. Even though it is related to a different scenario, still, those steps will help us in attempting to resolve this problem:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058133/graphics.html

In the part when it asks you to install the latest graphics driver for your machine, please do a clean installation of driver version 31.0.101.4952, which is our latest, following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=11400h

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miuro, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
miur0
Beginner

My account was locked for some reason so I created a new one 😞
I tried to do everything as you told me in the previous reply, but nothing seems to be working 😞 Even with Intel Arc Control I had the same issue.
Though I noticed that this problem only appears when I'm trying to change brightness and contrast, when I change hue or saturation everything works fine even when I close the window.
I also wanted to thank you for assisting me with all of this

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

miur0You are very welcome. Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue remains after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

We will now do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miur0, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this scenario, we just wanted to check if you could please try the steps shown in the following link. Even though is not the same model it is the same manufacturer and this could help:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000094065.html

Also, we would like to confirm if you have another default app from ASUS that can handle the colors or screen, this is in order for you to try to disable it and test.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miur0, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miuro, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos