Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20704 Discussions

Why does the latest driver update say " intel arc iris xe WQGL"

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
I have intel iris xe integrated graphics, but with the latest update it has the Arc series aswell? What is going on?

Note: I play battlefield 4 and it is a mess, constant stuttering and freezes with 2 kick outs so far. This was before and after the update to the latest drivers
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you need information related to the "intel arc iris xe WQGL" drivers.

In this case, the "WQGL" stands for Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL), and "intel arc iris xe" means that the driver is compatible with Intel Arc Graphics and 11th Generation Intel Processor graphics and newer. You can check more information at the following link.

Also, I recommend you check with the game developer to confirm that your computer meets the minimum requirements to run the game and for additional support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
Did that and my laptop checks out, so the stuttering is bizzare especially for the fact that I have no background apps unecessary ones, updated drivers and put battlefield 4 to high priority as well as on arc control have it set for max performance and the game I play on medium settings

I have an intel iris xe i7 1165g7 integrated graphics card, so I hope I can be helped
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thanks for your response. To continue with the assistance, please confirm the following:

1. Can you take a video of the issue?

2. Was the game working before?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. What is the model of your laptop?

5. Are you playing the game on the built-in laptop screen or on an external monitor?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Yes hi, so I just checked your sister site and well I was shocked, they say I can play battlefield 4 on ultra graphics... I will show you

Just add in this specification: Intel core i7 1165g7 ( it is 11th gen )

link: https://gameplay.intel.com/games/battlefield-4

Here is another game I have which I can also play no problem: https://gameplay.intel.com/games/steel-division-2

You guys say it is not optimized... please could you try and optimize older games, I believe this game is 4 years old

so I dont know why it is not optimized.

Here is my device specifications:

Graphics: intel iris xe core i7 1165g7 2.80 ghertz

Ram: 8GB

graphics driver: 31.0.101.4335

Here is the site I use to check if my system can run The game of choice :

steel division 2 : https://sysrqmts.com/games/steel-division-2

battlefield 4: https://sysrqmts.com/games/battlefield-4

There is no battlefield 4 gameplay, but it is more or less the same, cant play on decent graphics and stutters with battlefield and steel division 2

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
1) Yes I can send you a video, but why don't I get the option to do it with this reply
2) My OS is: windows 11 home
Version: 22h2
OS Build: 22621.1635

3) The game was stuttering already since the beginning after installing it and worse I play on medium to low and no change, still stuttering

4) My laptop model is Hp 15-dw3xxx ( I presume pavilion series laptops)

5) I use my laptops 1080p 60 hertz display

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you replying to the notification email or online? There's no support for attachments in email responses (and there never will be).

If you log in and reply online, you will have the option of dragging file(s) into the attachment upload box (i.e., where it says Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). There is a limit of 10 attachments and 71 MB on the upload, but that shouldn't be an issue. If it is, put your file(s) into a single ZIP file and attach that.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thanks for the information provided. I would like to let you know that some laptop manufacturers (HP, Dell, Acer, etc.) can add restrictions or limitations on the hardware that they used to build the laptop based on their device needs.

To continue further, please try the following:

1. Test an external monitor or TV to confirm if the issue is related to the screen.

2. Perform manually a clean install of the Intel driver.

3. Check for any optional updates pending for Windows.

4. Check with HP to confirm if you have the latest BIOS and driver needed from their site.

5. Confirm with HP if the laptop supports both games.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

I shall do as you suggest, but please keep this thread open till I come back if it worked or not

So I just saw this, this cant be right, just looking at it...why so many drivers ??

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

I did ask HP if battlefield 4 and steel division 2 are supported, I still don't understand what Hp has to do with this.

How do you check on another monitor?

Also when I went to check for the latest driver update on the intel driver support tool, it told me that driver 2079 is the latest, what is wrong with your system guys, the up to date driver version starts with a 4 not a 2, I'm so confused and frustrated now.

Even intel Arc control tells me " up to date" ???, go look what driver is available to the intel iris xe graphics, it says 4 something something.

Also perhaps I figured it out, my display memory says it is 128mb of dedicated video ram.. minimum requirements for battlefield 4 and steel division 2 is 512mb of dedicated video ram. But doesnt intel have some kind of program to increase it somehow?

Yes I am desperate :(, I paid 529 dollars for this laptop, and in my country South Africa it is not few because of exchange rate, there has to be something I can do

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

I did ask HP if battlefield 4 and steel division 2 are supported, I still don't understand what Hp has to do with this.

How do you check on another monitor?

Also when I went to check for the latest driver update on the intel driver support tool, it told me that driver 2079 is the latest, what is wrong with your system guys, the up to date driver version starts with a 4 not a 2, I'm so confused and frustrated now.

Even intel Arc control tells me " up to date" ???, go look what driver is available to the intel iris xe graphics, it says 4 something something.

Also perhaps I figured it out, my display memory says it is 128mb of dedicated video ram but I have 8gb of ram.. minimum requirements for battlefield 4 and steel division 2 is 512mb of dedicated video ram. But doesnt intel have some kind of program to increase it somehow?

Yes I am desperate :(, I paid 529 dollars for this laptop, and in my country South Africa it is not few because of exchange rate, there has to be something I can do

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"display memory says it is 128mb of dedicated video ram but I have 8gb of ram"

You have not figured out anything.  Dedicated memory is worthless in today's world.  It is your system memory, of which up to 50% will be allocated to graphics, that is important.  This means 4GB. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are referring to the entries for the processor? There is one entry for each execution thread. It has always showed up this way. Just because there is an entry does not mean there is a driver associated with it.

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thanks for your response, I understand that you may need some time to perform the steps provided. Bear in mind that our drivers are generic and the driver from HP are customized to work perfectly with your laptop. If you get any errors installing manually the Intel driver, this could mean that your laptop is only compatible with HP drivers and that could be the reason why it shows a different driver version.

Also, to confirm if the dedicated video memory will affect the game, I recommend you check with the game developer. As the super user mentioned, what you share in the picture are only the entries for the processor and do not mean that you need to install a driver.

I will be waiting for the outcome of your tests.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thanks for your response. I would like to know if you were able to get in contact with HP or the game developer. Also, if you were able to perform the steps recommended.

When you mentioned "Yes you can", what do you mean? Would you like to close the thread?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Yes hi david, unfortunately I could not get into contact with my device manufacturer for their latest drivers, they are absurdly unorganized, one " expert" gave me a link to install nvidea graphics drivers, obviously having intel integrated graphics I did no such thing.

still waiting on a reply from the forums on my desired games

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In this case, I will close this thread since the HP support and game developer team may take time to provide the information needed.

However, you can open a new one in case you need further support and use this one as a reference.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos