Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Why my game lags when I set my graphics performance to high?

SDaha7
Beginner

FIFA 18 sttuters and lags too much when I set my graphics settings to maximum and when I set it to power saving mode it looses too much FPS. But when I set my performance to high or balanced it gains good FPS but lags like a hell. Please help me. I have been so sad due to this problem since a long time.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, more information needed...

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

What motherboard/laptop model number?

What processor model number? Be specific!

What graphics?

Do you have dual graphics?

Doc

0 Kudos
SDaha7
Beginner

I have windows 10 home 1903, hp notebook 15-ay173dx, i5-7th gen(i5-7200u),intel hd620,single graphics. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello SDaha7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I would like to know if you were able to collect the information requested in Al.Hill's post?

Please let me know if the issue was already solved.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SDaha7

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SDaha7
Beginner

I have windows 10 home 1903, hp notebook 15-ay173dx, i5-7th gen(i5-7200u),intel hd620,single graphics. Please help me.

0 Kudos
SDaha7
Beginner

I have windows 10 home 1903, hp notebook 15-ay173dx, i5-7th gen(i5-7200u),intel hd620,single graphics. Please help me. I just wanna play fifa without lag

0 Kudos
SDaha7
Beginner

8 GB single channel RAM

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SDaha7

Please try the following steps and let us know the outcome:

1- Download and install the latest driver available from your computer manufacturer from this link:

Graphics Driver version 22.20.16.4815 Rev.A

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-ay100-notebook-pc/12499456/model/16180494/swItemId/ob-207332-1

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any Graphics Driver from Windows® Apps & Features (if there is any listed there).

4- Restart the computer.

5- Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 3 and 4.

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.1.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.1.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.1.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer.

9- Reconnect to the Internet.

10- Once the update is done, please set the game settings as per the recommendations in the following link:

https://gameplay.intel.com/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/95443/671146/0

If the issue persists, you can repeat the steps from steps 1 through 10 but testing with the latest Intel's generic driver using the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=96551

Make sure you test the game with the laptop plugged to an AC power outlet (not in battery mode).

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SDaha7,

I would like to know if you were able to perform the recommended steps.

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello SDaha7,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos