Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20675 Discussions

Will my integrated graphics support my games

idata
Employee

hi,

It was my birthday yesterday and I got a Sony Vaio laptop with integrated Intel HD 3000 Graphics. I have in my system 4GB of RAM and on the Intel Graphics controller when I looked at the specification it said:

Minimum Graphics memory: 64MB

Maximum Graphics memory: 1600MB

Does this mean I can play games that require in between that amount of graphics memory to play???

And if it necessary worth mentioning I have an i5 processor.

Please can someone shed some light on dilemma as I don't want to install a game then find out it wont work

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I don't know what games you have. 98% of the games should start and run (performance is another issue especially in newer games).

Minimum graphics memory= dedicated memory from system RAM

Maximum Graphics memory= dynamic allocated memory from system RAM

Basically, dedicated memory won't matter because the game or application can use all of the allocated memory which is more than enough. There are some rare exceptions from poorly programmed games. Some games have a memory check implemented and might scan for dedicated memory size. The game refuses to start or it blocks higher graphic settings due to insufficient memory (64MB in this case) when in fact could have access to 1600MB. GTA4 for example.

idata
Employee

I Play games like:

MAss effect 2 & 3

a game of thrones

Total war games

strategy games in general

0 Kudos