Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Windows 10 Creators Update* & Intel® HD Graphics Drivers

With the release of Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update*, an updated Intel® HD Graphics Driver is not required.

Existing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Intel® HD Graphics Drivers will continue to work with Windows 10 Creators Update*.

The current Intel® HD Graphics Drivers that support Windows 10* should continue to work with Windows 10 Creators Update*.

For more information on Windows 10 Creators Update*, please visit the Windows 10 Creators Update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upcoming-features Web site.

67 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

So,

I'm embarrassed to admit this. We are still having issues with PCs not detecting video properly, but...

turns out I at some point had a cable with bent pins or a port with broken input which bent the pins and then every time I tried to moved stuff around, they would keep breaking/bending other ports. Pin 16 to be exact.

Still looking for a solution to the random video loss on the digital ports though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Solved with a Reset.

I am posting this again in brief with keywords only: I did the Reset command in Windows and it resolved my intel graphics card with the Creators update. I had tried about 10 other things before this and I was giving up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

The longer version of my story is on Jan 29, 2018 9:01 PM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Ronald_Intel

Like many other owners of Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro I have been living with "Screen Flicker / Glitch" issue since I bought my computer 3 years ago. The issue "ONLY happens when ON BATTERY @ 60Hz" and also affects other vendor's models like HP, Sony, and Dell. During this time I tested ALL drivers (from Lenovo and Intel) without success.

It's now isolated, well documented (with workaround) in this Intel Forum and I hope it will be fixed briefly in a next driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4400.

/thread/122726 https://communities.intel.com/thread/122726

- Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (20266 / 80AY), BIOS 76CN43WW, Intel i7 4500U, Intel Management Engine (driver: 9.5.15.1730), Intel HD Graphics 4400 (driver: 20.19.15.4835), Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 (Network driver: 18.33.11.2) & (BT driver: 19.41.0.1), 8GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB, Windows 10 Professional - 64 bit, Fall Creators Update (1709), Build 16299.251

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hello everybody,

I created the case about slow CAD performance here:

Looking forward to see a solution from Intel!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi ea.zakutin

I have the same problem, in that downloading the Fall Creators Update resulted in the error 43, so that whereas I could use an additional 2 monitors on my laptop before the update, now I am stuck with the default windows driver and no extra monitors.

I went through the steps, but could not find the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver version 10.18.10.3282 anywhere to download. A couple of websites looked promising, but downloading what appeared to be the correct driver only left me with 10.18.10.4252, which obviously doesn't work.

I saw you had another post in February 2018, does this mean that you solution in installing 10.18.10.3282 didn't work in the end?

I am so annoyed with this issue, and nearly bought myself a new laptop but the cost of a decent machine with similar specs to my existing one is absolutely ridiculous.

I have already uninstalled the Fall Creators Update twice, and gone back to 1607, but now get messages from MS advising that support for version 1607 will cease mid April. It appears that neither MS nor Intel are interested in resolving this issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Chris,

I got the driver "10.18.10.3379 for Windows 8.1 x64" from http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/INTEL/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Driver-1018103379-for-W... this site. It works "so-so", and has some limitations for my applications (see /message/533628 comparison table). Hope it works well for your tasks.

/message/541923# 541923 Here is what I found, Intel wrote about future driver releases:

There is no confirmation yet of the development of a driver for this unit, I cannot guarantee that there will be a release for a third generation processor. I would strongly recommend to check on the website.

Looks like the support is dropped. Looks like nobody cares.

I tried to use some of my programs under Linux. Fortunately, they are supported very well, and run the way faster as under Windows, excepting SolidWorks. For SolidWorks I installed the VirtualBox with Windows.

Anyway, these are only some "half-working" tricks.

Thank you, Intel. Thank you, Microsoft.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

aproximetely until the aniversary Win10 upgrade my laptop 90% freeze, black screen, flickering at CC2018 After Effect saving process. In Win10 event log there are many records about Intel HD 630 driver error.

0 Kudos