Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16847 Discussions

Windows 10 (HP) Screen Brightness keeps auto-adjusting

ABristolian
Beginner

Thanks in advance for any help, everyone...

I have an HP Windows 10 which keeps auto-adjusting, without having any option (not on Windows Settings / Control Panel / Intel Graphics app) to disable some kind of adaptive brightness option.

The PC is using Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, I see on DxDiag.

Can anyone help? (let me know what I might need to provide)

Thank you,

Micke

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ABristolian
Beginner

Power Options >> Change Plan Settings >>Advanced Power Options don't show any adaptive brightness option either.

ABristolian
Beginner

Well, to be clear, here's DxDiag:

ABristolian_0-1604678605421.pngABristolian_1-1604678620775.pngABristolian_2-1604678638899.png

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

ABristolian, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before, meaning that if this scenario about "Screen Brightness auto-adjusting" was there before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ABristolian, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ABristolian, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.