Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Windows 10 - UHD Graphics 600 - Informations in Advanced Display Settings are wrong

Ksanto
Novice

Hello together,

I have a problem whose root can be seen in the advanced display settings. There are displayed wrong native resolution and frequency and therefore I have distortion and glitching of the picture as I have no simple way to correct the values.

What makes me suspicious is that I have none such problem with other machines with same version of windows 10 and HD graphics 3000 or HD Graphics 520 as well as with the problematic machine when only Microsoft  Basic Display driver are installed. That would not be a problem if I would not need the better performance of the intel driver as also the audio output over the GPU. The problems only occurs when I install any recommended Intel driver for UHD Graphics 600 from the first across the last to the newest beta.

Am I getting it right that the wrong information in Advanced Display Settings are read over the Graphics driver from the Display? Then the root cause sertently would be the Driver. I mean, when the Microsoft basic Display Driver is working, it can not be any restriction in the BIOS?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Ksanto

10:06: typo

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Ksanto
Novice

Grate that it worked for you.

You are also right. The thing is that other Systems, including Microsoft Basic Display driver, are recognizing the display correctly means that there is some kind of standard for that. May it be that this OLED Panel Manufacturer ignores this standard and intel is understandably not willing to deal with solving the problem for the Display Manufacturers.

What makes me fureus and feels like we are on some kind of first level support, and not at a TECHNICAL Support Forum, is that they refuse to work together with us to identify the point of break when they clearly must have knowledge about a standardized interface and exceptions from this standard that some manufacturers are known to make. Then we could bash on the manufacturer on not relying on this standard.

Regards

Ksanto

0 Kudos
VirtualPierogi
Beginner

Using Your settings the display is correctly rotated and shows almost perfect image apart from a very thin (about 4 pixel wide) scrambled pixel path to the left of the screen.

Ive also noticed these settings in the waveshare oled manual:
max_framebuffer_height=1920
max_usb_current=1

config_hdmi_boost=10

hdmi_group=2

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_mode=87

hdmi_timings=1080 1 26 4 50 1920 1 8 2 6 0 0 0 60 0 13558000

Do You think that these timings could indicate proper edid settings?

0 Kudos