Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Windows 11 stops working after screen turns back on

stanveerpsl
Beginner

In the power settings I have Windows turn off the Screen after 10 minutes (never going to sleep). When Turning the screen back on using the mouse for example, Windows starts a weird behavior: I cannot close app windows anymore, I can't save or open files although parts of the open apps' UI still work, the start menu is partially broken and I can't turn off or restart the PC.
Here is the detailed setup:

• Core i7-12700k (using iGPU)
  • Windows 11 Professional up-to-date with up-to-date Intel graphics driver
  • Dell UP3216Q UHD monitor running at 3840x2160 @ 60Hz over HDMI 2.0
  • AsRock Z690M-ITX motherboard with up-to-date BIOS and chipset driver

This seems to happen less with smaller resolutions (I will be able to test that again in a few days, I can't test it right now).
Also, I tried turning off Windows fast startup since I saw that it could fix this problem but it did not change anything.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello stanveerpsl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the steps already performed. In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

• In Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

As well, please perform a clean installation of the graphics drivers. You can follow the steps in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Steven G.

0 Kudos