Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows *7/8/8.1 GFX BETA Driver Version 3652 driver for Intel 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processors

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Beta HD/Iris™ Graphics driver for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. Version is 3652 and is available at the following location.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23985 Download Center

SUMMARY:

This Beta Graphics driver contains enhancements to allow GRID Autosport* game to utilize a second screen over a Wirelessly connected Display or display connected using Miracast*. Do not update to this driver if you do not plan to run this game on your computer. We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and suggestions for future driver releases.

This driver supports 32-bit and 64 -bit versions of the following operating systems :

 Microsoft Windows* 8.1

 Microsoft Windows* 8

Microsoft Windows* 7

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

Please keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me or any of the other Intel representatives directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - it will be checked daily.

56 Replies
LMira1
Beginner

I would like to receive support from this version of the driver 15.36 for ivy bridge.

I think can support the features that offers, for example can support OpenGL 4.2 or more.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Are you sayin that 3rd Generation won't be supported? I think my i5-3210m can support that features very well. I thought Intel was a professional company with a professional support, but now after almost a year with the memory leak on 8.1, the quality of the last drivers, and the lack of support for the last Directx version, I regret for not decided to buy an AMD processor or a laptop with a NVIDIA Graphic Card.

0 Kudos
LMira1
Beginner

Is true, I have i5-3230m and think the same, I think that 3rd generation can have a better performance.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,, here is a video of the beta driver in action with Grid Autosports.

0 Kudos
SWarn2
Beginner

- Seems to have a memory leak. Firefox+Flashplayer occaionally crashes while using 3.5GB+ Memory. Not sure if it's driver related though. It ends up in a black screen. killing the firefox process resolves the problem. it happend twice, so i went back to the recent non-beta driver and it didn't happen again.

- IGP doesn't clock down properly, see /thread/52933 https://communities.intel.com/thread/52933

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Robert_U

heliosh

Based on ARK, my Pentium G3420 (IGP) should clock down to 350MHz.

But I've never seen that value, even with older drivers.

At idle the lowest clock is 600MHz.

0 Kudos
DBitn
Novice

My problem is still not solved too . There has been two driver's releases already.

0 Kudos
KSten
Beginner
0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

if you want 1759MB, change in the bios, iGPU Memory to 256MB.

0 Kudos
KSten
Beginner

No, no, no,

it comes to a problem with the beta drivers,

not a VRAM setting in the BIOS.

With version 3621, I had 2080GB.

With version 3652 I have only 1024GB.

It's a Clevo 370ST notebook.

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

2048Mb is wrong too. Intel Driver reserved 1760MB System Memory for igpu. But if i Change in my Motherboard bios, shared Memory for igpu to 1024mb, i have on Windows only 1024mb dedicate Memory. If i Change shared Memory to 256mb, i have on Windows, 1759MB Vram.

Check your Vram with Windows, under Advanced Graphic Info.

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

Robert_U,

you know any info about fix for Cyberlink Powerdirector 12 ?

i am waiting since 3 month of fix

0 Kudos
sluca
Beginner

It is impossible to play any video longer then few minutes because driver keeps crashing.

Tried bunch of programs and all have same problem.

Other graphics card (removed for testing) works without problem.

0 Kudos
AshleyLai
Beginner

Hmm? Ever since I installed this driver, the HD4600 clock idle at 600mhz instead of usual 350mhz. Hopefully this will be fixed in next release.

0 Kudos
FMiri
Beginner

For me, it´s working better with 600MHz base clock.

It´s more fluid when a very short peak of activity is needed (for example in fast forward or scene change in a high quality, high bitrate video) because of less lattency increasing clock.

And it uses the same power.

For me it´s very important the power consumption, but haswell do this very well and now consumption is more related to load than to clock speed.

My system (Intel 4570T with Intel HD4600 Windows7):

- Idle processor package (total) power= 5.8W

- Idle GT cores (HD4600) power= 0.03W

0.03W !!! is nothing and it won´t be less with a lower clock.

So I don´t see any drawback in the 600MHz clock.

Anyway, it would be cool to have an option to set the Intel HD4600 base clock, as you can change the processor base clock in BIOS and in Windows Power Plan / Minimum Processor State.

0 Kudos