Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20716 Discussions

Windows *7/8/8.1 GFX BETA Driver Version 3652 driver for Intel 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processors

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Beta HD/Iris™ Graphics driver for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. Version is 3652 and is available at the following location.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23985 Download Center

SUMMARY:

This Beta Graphics driver contains enhancements to allow GRID Autosport* game to utilize a second screen over a Wirelessly connected Display or display connected using Miracast*. Do not update to this driver if you do not plan to run this game on your computer. We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and suggestions for future driver releases.

This driver supports 32-bit and 64 -bit versions of the following operating systems :

 Microsoft Windows* 8.1

 Microsoft Windows* 8

Microsoft Windows* 7

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

Please keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me or any of the other Intel representatives directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - it will be checked daily.

56 Replies
JREMA
Beginner

Robert_U Why 3rd Generation was not supported by this beta ? Ivy Bridge is in EOL ?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Joris_remandet, No, Ivybridge is not in EOL. This driver is a version that will be for Haswell and the next generation only and was release just for that purpose.

Thanks

Robert

idata
Employee

So will there be BETA driver support FOR the ivy bridge any time around,or will it be only for the 4th gen?a swift reply is much appreciated.

P.S.i own an Core i7 3rd gen Processor(HD4000).

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Folks, For Ivybridge info please see post 15 above.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Robert_U Yes,i understand that the Ivy bridge not in the EOL list and it would get its regular"official" driver support normally. BUT what concerns me here is that the BETA driver.My question here is,Mr.Robert,wether the 3rd gen processors will receive the BETA driver support,since you did'nt release THIS BETA(though you released 2 BETA'S for the ivy bridge earlier)for the 3rd gen cpu's.AGAIN i do understand that ivy bridge will receive normal official driver support,i just wanna know wether BETA driver support will be there for the Ivy's in the future or not.

Thanks

Hary

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Hary, There will be future beta driver releases for Ivybridge as we determine the need for Communities feedback on a specific driver release.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

I was really expecting Pentium Haswell to be treated like Haswell and not like Pentium.

I was expecting to bring back HEVC_VLD_Main like in 3412 drivers for Pentiums and VC1_VLD2010 4K support for all Haswell, but instead you removed 4K acceleration for all codecs, without HEVC support on Pentiums of course.

Those are steps backwards for sure, if they remain in official drivers.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

HEVC is gone on my Core i5 as well, so it's not related to Pentium only. I can't check about the 4K thing now.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

The problem with Intel GPA and Win 8.1 drivers has been reported since 14/12/2013! here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/496318 https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/496318

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

You seem to have 4K even for VC1_VLD2010!

How is that possible ?

0 Kudos
jorti6
Beginner

Please, for the love of god, fix memory leak when playing full screen games at different resolution in windows 8.1. Thank you.

PD: I dont care if its a microsoft bug or a intel driver bug. Really! i dont care. Microsoft and Intel have been in very good partnership for years! You develop softwares and hardwares for each other! Why don`t you solve this problem in cooperation???

Please please please. Fix this ASAP.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ cucol, the fix for tis issue is currently being validated. Again, this is a 3rd party fix and not an Intel fix so we do not have exact scheduling information on the deployment of the fix. I will post a followup thread once the fix has deployed.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
jorti6
Beginner
0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Yups, great pictures however I am not sure what you are referring to as a bug in the Intel HD image. Please elaborate.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

This was a game capture from Oblivion using 16xAF in the control panel for Intel and Nvidia. Intels control panel Anisotropic filtering does not work in directx games which results in AF disabled when there is no ingame AF available. As a result Intels picture looks blurred whereas Nvidia's looks sharp. This is a Intel driver/control panel bug.

Or to make it short, I can't enforce AF by using Intels control panel AF.

Someone developed an injected method because of that. It didn't work for me though.

http://www.cdahmedeh.net/3d-enforcer/ 3D Enforcer — cdahmedeh

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Yups, OK,, got it. Could you please post as attachment the DXDiag report and the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel report for the system you tested this on?

Thanks

Bob

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

This is a general issue on every Intel GPU since years, why do you need a report from my system?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Yups, Regarding AF, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a resolution. I will post a message once the fix has been implemented.

Thanks

Robert

JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

@Yups - Driver 15.36.7.3960 posted yesterday should ensure proper forced Aniso filtering through Control Panel:

0 Kudos