Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
idata
Employee

When my pc resumes from sleep I get no audio with these driers. I am using hdmi pass through to my receiver. This wasn't a problem when using Windows 8.

MScri2
Beginner

I've got the exact same issue.

Receiver is a Pioneer VS-1018k, TV is a Samsung LN650A. Worked perfectly in Win 8, but now considering dropping in an AMD video card because it's become so frustrating.

0 Kudos
LLiya
Beginner

I have upgraded windows 8 to windows 8.1 and its working fine but not for gaming.Many of the games worked fine on windows 8,now crashes on windows 8.1 so i also updated new windows 8.1 graphic drivers for windows 8.1 but still problem exist.please give us proper driver update for windows 8.1

0 Kudos
rrex
Beginner

I have i5 and am using only built in hd4000. till upgrade to 8.1 all worked great. now I get SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys). upgrade to 3316 causes immediate bsod.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

I have a DIY custom built Windows 8.1 x64 i7-3770K which uses the HD 4000 series video. I also have an AMD HD 7870 installed which drives my main 2 monitors via DVI and VGA. I was running my 1080p LCD TV off the HD 4000's HDMI port for a 3rd display. Which was working fine in Windows 8 with driver version ending in 3257.

But since upgrading to Windows 8.1, I have Error Code 31 and can't use the HD 4000 at all now.

Here is the full error in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful

In the meantime, I have plugged the TV into my AMD's HDMI port and have to swap between my VGA Display and the TV for a dual screen setup only since the VGA can't be included in a 3 display setup on my AMD card. I also can't use the Intel QuickSync until then.

I would like to be as helpful as I can. Let me know if there is other diag that I can do to give more helpful info. Thanks.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

To everyone in this thread; I will update the original post to include this information, but please clarify in your responses whether you are using the 3316 driver that we provide on the website, or if you are using the one provided by Windows* Update.

Additionally, if you are having issues with connecting multiple displays - please try the following for me.

1. TURN OFF Windows* Update (Temporarily). Follow the steps here for that; http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-automatic-updating-on-off Turn automatic updating on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

2. Do a full uninstall of all graphics drivers on your system. Go to Device Manager, Right click and "Uninstall" the Intel® Display Adapter. Hit the checkbox for "Delete all driver files", and reboot your system. Repeat this until the Display Adapter shows as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

3. Re-install the Graphics Driver that I provided in the original posting. Do not use the driver provided by Windows* Update.

4. Reboot, see if your issue is fixed.

@flameiro12: I will look into this issue; for now can you provide a copy of your DxDiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Uploading to Pastebin or a similar website is fine. Also, are you using the 3316 driver we provided on our website, or the one provided by Windows* Update?

@Mo0zik: Have you verified that you have the latest drivers for both your Intel® graphics as well as the 3rd party controller that is built into your system? Also, can you provide a copy of your dxdiag please?

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Uploading to Pastebin or a similar website is fine. Also, are you using the 3316 driver we provided on our website, or the one provided by Windows* Update?

@Connor Poole: Thanks for bringing that to my attention I will investigate.

@moosetos: I will investigate.

@Jenswede: Try doing a full uninstall of your graphics drivers first. Go into 'Device Manager' -> Right click and select 'Uninstall' on the Intel® 'Display Adapter'. Select the checkbox for "Delete driver files" as well. Reboot, and repeat until your display adapter as listed as a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". At that point, you are at the in-box driver provided with the OS, and you should try to install the driver again. Let me know if it still causes issues.

@vsslo: Thanks for this information! I will see if it benefits anyone else having the same issue.

@colargol: Can you provide a copy of your dxdiag please?

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Uploading to Pastebin or a similar website is fine. Also, are you using the 3316 driver we provided on our website, or the one provided by Windows* Update?

Linflas: Please try the method I listed at the top of this post. Did you get your 3316 drivers from Windows* update or from our website?

@Santeri: Follow the steps listed here; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029478.htm Graphics — Custom Resolutions & Modes

@Deihmos: Please try steps 1-4 listed at the top of this reply. Additionally, uninstall the Intel® Display Audio Driver from the Sound, Speech and Game Devices section of Device Manager. After you have done that, re-install the driver provided on our website (remember to turn Windows* Update off so that it does not install their own version of our driver).

Thanks everyone,

-Nic

0 Kudos
TSumr
Beginner

Nic, I ended up doing just what you describe this morning -- I uninstalled the Intel drivers and checked the box to delete the uninstalled files. I continued doing this, rebooting between each uninstall, until I was running the basic display driver. I rebooted one more time and verified that I was on the basic driver. I then installed the 3316 driver by running the setup EXE from the 64-bit 3316 driver zip. Everything seemed to install fine and, to be safe, I rebooted. When my system came back up, I ran Device Manager and checked the display driver -- I still got code 43 from the driver and my external monitor was nonfunctional. I then reverted by uninstalling and deleting the driver until I got back to the basic driver and then returned to the 3257 driver (dated 7/29/2013). Everything is running fine now.

I'm on a Microsoft Surface Pro

0 Kudos
rrex
Beginner

Uninstalling and removing drivers till Basic Graphics... Getting BSOD while installing 3316 in Device Manager.

i5, GA Z77X, 8.1

Guess, we have to wait for 3317?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

I have added a second step of instructions to the original post. Try the second process if the first one does not resolve your issue. Please report back any ongoing problems and/or if the 1st or 2nd methods resolved your issue!

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
TSumr
Beginner

I just ran thru method 2 and got Code 43 again on my Microsoft Surface Pro. I uninstalled the driver, removing the files in the process, and returned to 15319 (driver version 3165) and things are running fine again.

0 Kudos
AMill24
Beginner

No luck here w/ either troubleshooting technique...

Originally upgraded to 8.1 on release day and was running into the 'Code 43' device status message on HD4600. Turned off Windows Update, uninstalled v3316 and tried both driver links provided. Same issue each time. Attempted to revert back to my prior driver, but that caused other issues.

i7-4702HQ, Intel HD4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M, Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

0 Kudos
AMill24
Beginner

1. Windows Store

2. I tried both the Windows Update and the direct downloads from Intel - no luck

3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M updated to the latest drivers provided by Razer Blade Support (v9.18.13.2702) || No BIOS option for 'Primary Display Device'

0 Kudos
JWedm
Beginner

Hi Nic,

I think i do not understand what is happened, I have follow your advice and deinstall driver without auomatic update, basic driver was running than after reboot I open zipfile and start installation but nothing change the system install the old driver!? I have deinstall driver and select checkbox for "Delete driver files" before reboot. I have swich off the Internet. Nothing change all is the same Intel(R) Graphics Driver version is now 10.18.10.3308 not 10.18.10.3316.

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver change into 6.16.0.3123.

No idea where Windows found the driver. I have seen that in Intel Installationframework works normal but when driver installion starts it change to the old driver.

0 Kudos
NShul1
Beginner

I cannot seem to find a driver that will not "black screen" my computer on win8.1. I have a 4th gen i5 with the HD4400 gpu for the only graphics on a dell e7440 laptop. I have tried the dell driver, the last intel, and the latest intel drivers... Trying to be patient but really come on 8.1 has been announced for quite some time.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

I have tried the 3316 supplied directly by Intel on 10/17 (first) and I have tried the 3316 driver supplied by Windows update (second). Both gave me the same results. Code 31.

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

Shawn, can you try the driver version: 3282 listed in method 2 in the original post?

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

@nic

Thanks for the updates and attention. I ran dxdiag as you suggested and got lots of information. I'm not sure what there is private or should not be shared on a forum and have never used pastebin, so I'm not really sure how to proceed. The file is saved and I can access it whenever.

To be honest, I'm going to wait on going through the additional steps mentioned just because I have a temporary solution for now with the older drivers.

In response to your question with respect to drivers, I was attempting to use the 3316 provided on the website, not the version provided by Windows Update.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

Revision: I sent the results to you in a private message. Hope it's helpful.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I've made another append to the first post. Right now in addition to trying out the first 2 sets of instructions, we're also collecting various information.

I've attempted to repro the issues locally with our hardware. What I have found so far is the following;

1. Installing the OS from the .ISO we obtained from MSDN* and then installing either the 3282 or the 3316 driver resulted in no issues.

2. With the above configuration, multiple displays, display audio, works just fine.

3. Installing the 3316 driver from Windows* Update does not change the behavior, it still functions just fine.

What we are trying to do right now is get our systems up with the Windows* 8.1 update that is provided over the Windows* Store. Long story short though, using the RTM* build, and the drivers we have available as well as those on Windows* Update is not resulting in issues.

Please review the latest amendment to the original post, and let me know if you still have issues after trying those steps and collecting that information.

Thank you again,

-Nic

0 Kudos
TSumr
Beginner

1. Did you install your Windows* 8.1 from the streaming update? Or did you install it via .ISO from MSDN*?

• My Windows 8.1 came from the Windows Store

2. Did you install the graphics driver via Windows* Update, or using the download available on our website?

• I've installed so many graphics drivers, I can't even remember any more. But I *have* followed your instructions # 1 and # 2 so have removed all drivers back down to the basic display driver and am still seeing the errors I've indicated in my two posts.

3. Do you have a 3rd party graphics card installed alongside the Intel® graphics product? If so, have you updated to the latest driver provided by the 3rd party company? Lastly - if you check your BIOS, what does it say for "Primary Display Device"? There is usually the option for either 'Auto', 'Intel', or '%3rd party company name%'. Try with both Auto and with Intel, and see if the system still encounters the same issues.

• I'm on a Surface Pro so, no, no add-on cards. I plug my monitor into the miniDisplay port.
0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner

1. Did you install your Windows* 8.1 from the streaming update? Or did you install it via .ISO from MSDN*?

I installed from the streaming update

2. Did you install the graphics driver via Windows* Update, or using the download available on our website?

I have followed all of your instructions, many times and no dice.

3. Adjust BIOS

This setting is not enabled on my SAMSUNG Series 9

Right now in Device Manager for the Intel 4000 I am getting: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I also have not been able to successfully connect and run a USB VGA (Eclipse SEE2 UV150).

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos