Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
CMetz
Beginner

Issues incurred after win 8 to 8.1 upgrade on 10\22: no brightness control, no multi-monitor, no Sleep mode.

Make \ Model:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchSmart-15-4010nr-15-6-Inch-Ultrabook/dp/B009WG6MXM# productDetails HP SPECTRE XT TouchSmart 15-4010nr 15.6-Inch Ultrabook (Silver)

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation, Driver Date: 10/3/2013, Driver Version: 10.18.10.3316.

Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000

Error: 43, Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Problem Code: 0000002B

First Install Date: 10/22/2013 4:04:58 PM

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09

DN_HAS_PROBLEM

DN_DISABLEABLE

DN_NT_ENUMERATOR

DN_NT_DRIVER

Events (partial list):

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service igfx for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0.

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service cphs for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver kit48510.inf_amd64_5e2b4c2a8c3942d2\kit48510.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver igdlh64.inf_amd64_f375e647cc051d84\igdlh64.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver kit56666.inf_amd64_e8e46cbbcf394f7e\kit56666.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_1886103C&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 was deleted.

Class Guid: {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

0 Kudos
tc1
Beginner

Hi, nic!

As you might know, I don't currently run into /message/210648# 210648 this problem, but here is my info; it might be of some use.

Code 31 with Asus Radeon HD7850 1GB model: HD7850-DC-1GD5. Drivers I tried were 13.9 whql and 13.11 beta 1. I currently have 13.11 beta 6 drivers installed with no issue. I really can't say if it was the beta 6 drivers or following /message/210546# 210546 Linflas instructions that fixed it.

As for my system: Asus P8Z77 V-LE mobo (bios 1001, dated: 2013.09.02), 8GB, HT Omega Claro + Sound card... 3 hard drives, dvd drive. Do I need to go into more detail? lol Bluetooth dongle, webcam, etc. Let me know if you want more detail.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
NSpla
Beginner

All I have to add, Nic, from what I've said before, I would get the error code 31 in device manager.

0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner

My issues are identical to hp_spectre_77:

"Issues incurred after win 8 to 8.1 upgrade on 10\22: no brightness control, no multi-monitor, no Sleep mode."

I have a code 43 on a Samsung Series 9 with only the built-in graphics card. I upgraded to 8.1 on 10-20 and it took about 2 hours.

0 Kudos
AMill24
Beginner

* Code 43

* Yes

* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2GB GDDR5 VRAM, Optimus Technology)

* v9.18.13.2702

* Razer Blade 14 (2013)

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

crholliday wrote:

My issues are identical to hp_spectre_77:

"Issues incurred after win 8 to 8.1 upgrade on 10\22: no brightness control, no multi-monitor, no Sleep mode."

I have a code 43 on a Samsung Series 9 with only the built-in graphics card. I upgraded to 8.1 on 10-20 and it took about 2 hours.

Can you post a screen shot of device manager and the error? I have yet to see the error 43 myself, am quite curious.

0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner
0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

Thanks for those. How is Windows providing a visual interface if it stopped the device? I wonder is it is using a fall back driver, like basic visual one, but seems strange that the error would term it stopping the device. Thanks again, certainly hope Intel can get that fixed for you really soon.

0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner

It falls back on the default drivers (see below):

0 Kudos
KSzat
Beginner

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31?

Code 31

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

Yes.

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

Radeon HD 7950. (Sapphire 100352-3L)

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

Catalyst 13.9 (Driver version 13.152.0.0)

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

Whitebox: Asus Z87-Plus, Intel i5-4670K (Intel HD 4600), Radeon 7950, 8GB Ram, Samsung Evo 840 SSD, 2x Western Digital 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1 x64

0 Kudos
tc1
Beginner

Linflas wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!

Omg, Linflas, I love you! This worked >< Let's be bff's! lol Can you fix my webcam in the same way? MS broke that as well!

I should point out, for completeness sake, that I; 1. Didn't disconnect from internet as you outlined in your instructions; and as outlined before by nic... why do I refuse to do that step? Probably because it involved reaching around to the back of my computer case... xD But I do have windows update in suspend state, ie. waiting for my go ahead. And, 2. I never tried the AMD, beta 6 of the 13.11 series drivers, so for all I know--and unlike I may have suggested earlier--it may very well be a fix that amd has implemented in their drivers. I guess that's for someone else to try and figure out. I wonder if this will fix my system refusing to go into sleep mode... I have so many problems now after this darn update, seriously! lol

Also, in step 5, where you say that you should get back to basic video adapter and it should be a one time thing, what did you mean by that? I did a regular full uninstall of all amd software as per usual with their uninstall procedure. When I rebooted I had basic (?) 7800 series drivers installed and proceeded from there. I wasn't sure if you meant people should uninstall those too all the way back to generic display drivers?

BTW, thanks also for the OBS program! I'm trying to do similar things to what you're doing with recording and streaming! This program seems quite a bit better than Afterburner--which I was using before--with quicksync video quality.

@Shawn: Give this a try! Worked on the first reboot! Let me just try a second display right now and see if it's detected (I only just finished trying this fix!)... Yes! Detected and displaying as I write this! lol

Good luck, all!

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Linflas,

Which one of the two drivers provided by Nic did you installed?

3316 (first ZIP package) or 3280 from Instruction # 3?

Patrick

0 Kudos
DGarc11
Beginner

Thank you very much. Now it is (almost) fixed. The remaining problem is that, in the Windows Device Manager, I have the AMD card with an exclamation mark, and the "properties" read "Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems".

If I uninstall the device and refresh, then the AMD card is reinstalled and no error is displayed. Nevertheless, the "Code 43" is shown again after restarting Windows.

By the way, having installed the Intel Driver by pointing to the zip folder, I think I do not have the Intel Control Center Installed. But I see on your snapshot that you do have it... Did you install it separately?

Coming back to the main issue (code 43 error): I exactly followed your instructions, except that I downloaded the Beta7 (the latest) of the AMD driver.

I have read that this type of error is usual in switchable cards when the Intel Driver is downloaded from Intel's website, because there is a mismatch between the signatories of the Intel and AMD drivers. But I presume that the latest version of the Intel Driver is not yet supplied as AMD-signed...

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

offfff I'm tired of this problem

0 Kudos
EWill6
Beginner

I am having the same issues as most of these post. When I install the Intel-provided drivers, the Intel graphics work fine. However, when I reboot, I lose the Intel graphics.

CPU: Core i7 4770

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

Discrete Graphics: Gigabyte HD 7790 Radeon

Current graphics drivers that work before reboots: Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.3325

1. Installed Windows 8.1 from streaming updated

2. Used download from Intel site

3. Primary (BIOS and Windows) discrete card is AMD Radeon 7700 Series. Tried Intel as primary also.

All Windows Updates applied:

0 Kudos
EWill6
Beginner

Additional information:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) on Intel HD Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Good morning Nic,

I feel we are left alone with our problem. HP has no clue how to fix it, proposed solutions are very much depending on machine to machine and we have machines parked after the update to 8.1. Is there anything new from your side?

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

Hello everyone, Tony, glad to hear it got you back to working! I do not use sleep on my computer, so cannot help you there. I run World Community Grid (folding) when my computer is not in use.

OBS is awesome, and it is free, and open source, if you have any questions about it let me know and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

So, on to today's activities, I received my parts and went through a complete build tonight. My experiences are as follows.

Below is a shot of device manager just after a clean install of Win 8.1, I decided to use the same .ISO I had used before, dated 10/22, I did not have my 3rd Party cards plugged in. (AMD 7950's) Everything worked smoothly, Intel graphics driver functioning appropriately. 3316

I then plugged in my 7950's and let window load a driver, I do not have the Intel graphics enabled at this point in the BIOS as I wanted to see if the windows drivers worked independently, as you can see they do. (Please take note of the driver # 13.250.18.0, comes up later)

So, on to getting them both working, go into the BIOS and enable the Intel device, and to no surprise it failed with error 31, just like before. I had this same error on the HD4000 on my i5 Ivy processor. I have yet to be able to get the error 43 in my tests.

So, I go back to my fix, remove the Catalyst AMD drivers, and lo and behold, the Intel is functioning correctly again, same experience I had before.

I then installed the Catalyst 13.11 beta 6 drivers, and all is working again, please note, the driver version given by windows is the same as the one that was automatically put there by windows. I am not sure what this is about, makes it kind of hard to figure out where the problem is.

So for me, I have been able to replicate the problem on the HD4000, and HD4600, and fix them both with the Catalyst 13.11 beta 6 drivers.

I hope a simpler solution to this issue can be found, but for now, I am happy.

Updated to 13.11 beta 7 (Thanks for the heads up alleluia) No issues, working well.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Thanks Linflas,

I have an HP pavilion 15.e30-so and just finished to follow your instructions and it seems to work.

I downloaded the latest Intel driver from the original post and the latest Catalyst rev7 from AMD.

I'll continue to test tomorrow but I feel much better.

Wishing the fix stable.

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

Okay, so, this discussion has gotten very techy for my understanding level, which is pretty basic.

I have a Toshiba laptop. The card is the intel 4600 one. The 3316 driver did not work even after manual uninstall and reinstall all the way down to the basic versions. I am currently operating off of the September drivers (10.18.10.3308) since that one is working.

Any solutions out there for me?

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

flameiro12,

has your Toshiba laptop an additional graphic card besides the Intel 4600 graphics. If not, I do not know, what can help you. If it is however equipped with is an additional graphic card, check its model. If it is an AMD card, use the above approach of Colargol, if it is an Invidia card, the solution of Guitarrero above can help you.

0 Kudos