Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

A bit of an update, and an inquiry. First off; @vsslo: Can you provide the link for where you are downloading the 3116 driver? We are unable to locate it manually. Also, if not already included in the link - what is the full driver version # for that driver?

@Yups: Thanks for the explanation. I will provide this feedback as well as a request to the appropriate folks. I cannot guarantee a fix or an ETA on it though, just know that it has been noticed and folks have been informed!

Some more good news. We were able to successfully reproduce both the Code 43 as well now as the Code 31 errors. We are still investigating them, but we have reliable failing configurations. However, we were only able to reproduce both of these codes while using systems that had either AMD* or NVidia* cards in them. We have still been unable to repro on system that use ONLY the Intel® Graphics. Keep in mind we are still trying though!

Thanks everyone for your continued patience and persistence

-Nic

0 Kudos
SBarn6
Novice

nic wrote:

We have still been unable to repro on system that use ONLY the Intel® Graphics. Keep in mind we are still trying though!

There are many of us laptop users with only Intel HD Graphics 4000, that under the 3316 driver have no brightness control or sleep function, but no error codes are reported either. I personally know two people that have laptops with this problem, and this forum as well as other forums have many reports of this same scenario.

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Not to forget those of us that have no errors but blurry text and the failure to use additional built-in monitors.

Intel 4000 graphics supposedly supports up to 3 monitors. While my in my Taichi21 with 3316 both onboard monitors show up as devices but it will only display on the internal one and if connected via Miracast the remote external one. No amount of forcing either with Intel's graphics utility or Windows can I make the onboard external touchscreen display anything.

Message was edited by: B J

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Please do not forget to check the issue I have posted about the black screen in a game,

I posted it on Steam and found out that I'm not the only one who got this issue, others who having a different graphics card have no problems with the games on WIN8.1, but these like me who got our lovely Intel card do have this issue too.

As a user on Steam mentioned, the issue is probably not from loading the videos, but loading in general.

Here are some links to posts on Steam to confirm the issue and add more details of where it may come from:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199204515871/# c684839199686999024 http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199204515871/# c684839199686999024

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199204515871/# c684839199945480836 http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199204515871/# c684839199945480836

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/810939351259597333/# c666825524986115144 http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/810939351259597333/# c666825524986115144

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Thank you, Nic. Will any of this hopefully apply to the issues we have on the taichi21?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@brian botkiller: We are working with Asus* specifically on this issue. The only systems that have been reported to us with the touch screen issues are Taichi21 that we are aware of. I will not have much info or an ETA though until a solution is ready.

@everyone else: I would like to re-state that we are still looking at the other issues as well (HDMI audio loss, black screens, blue screens, multi-D, loss of brightness control, etc).

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Nic; THANK YOU. Finally, someone tells me this is being worked on.

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

@nic

Thats fantastic news thank you very much. Asus needed a swift kick in the @$$ to update its Taichi graphics support. So glad Intel has contacted them.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

The driver 3116 appearing in my Device manager as of 01/10/2013 is (I think) the automatic ;Microsoft driver, which remained on my computer after having updated it automatically. On 21.10.2013, I downloaded from the Graphics section of your Downloadcenter the zip file win64_15335 with the driver 3116 (and 17.10.2013 the zip file win64_15332b with the driver 3282 which I used only once), whose setup.exe I then use when I want to do a thorough installing of the Intel driver 3116 after having uninstalled the Intel driver and its files. The driver 3116 is the version 15.33.5.64.3316 released on 04 of October 2013 (according to the Readme file; the date appearing in the Device Manager is 03/10/2013).

0 Kudos
VSavo1
Beginner

I think, that reason for win 8.1 behavior is not depended from display drivers. I just went to control panel and turned off Internet explorer 11. After that no problems with AMD 7870 beta driver 13.11.92 and Intel HD graphics 4000 driver 3.10.2013 3316. Everything is working OK, besides of course IE 11.

Best Regards

DaddyCool

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

In addition to above message - it was impossible to install driver 10.18.10.3316 from setup - I was forces to use Manual installation with a help of button "From Disk".

0 Kudos
SWhit10
Beginner

I have a code 43 error on my HP Ultrabook. Windows 8.1 has defaulted to a Microsoft Basic Display Driver. I noticed a problem because my 2nd display was no longer available.

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Hi,

When we will have a new update for Intel HD Graphics 1st generation with Intel Core?

thx

0 Kudos
LN1
Beginner

Lenovo U310, no 3rd party graphics cards, just updated to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 and now I'm getting a Code 43 error. I downloaded the updated driver listed above but it doesn't work properly--I'm still getting the Code 43 error, and the control panel for the updated driver crashes before I can alter any of the settings. Help? Need to get this problem resolved ASAP as I rely heavily on having a second monitor.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

Well I finally got tired of waiting for new Intel drivers and new AMD stable drivers. So I went ahead and installed the latest AMD 13.11 Beta 9v2 drivers, rebooted and now everything with the Intel HD 4000 seems to be fine. I will see if the AMD beta drivers give me any issues.

Very disturbing still that this issue wasn't encountered during the RTM phase when testing with and AMD 13.9 stable drivers. Not just by Intel testing, but AMD testing as well. Amazing that the AMD stable drivers would completely break the Intel stable drivers and nether company notice until Launch when everyone screams.

I know Nvidia people also had issues with Code 43 and BSOD, so hopefully they are getting resolution as well from either Intel or Nvidia.

I still really hope Intel and AMD release new stable drivers soon and that the two stable drivers play well together.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Shawn,

the Intel driver 3116 and the stable AMD 13.9 Catalyst and automatic drivers are in conflict in the HDMI Audio portion of the drivers. On my motherboard, the stable 13.9 Catalyst driver and the Intel 3116, work correctly, when the Intel graphics is primary, if I custom install the stable AMD Catalyst and exclude from installing its HDMI Audio part. However, I have not verified this solution for the case, when the AMD graphics is primary (I used for some time beta Catalyst and the AMD graphics as primary, which worked well also on my motherboard). But probably the stable Catalyst without the HDMI Audio would work also for this setting.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

vsslo, understood. But I have no interest in doing custom installs, BIOS changes, etc. In this case, I was able to simply install the Beta AMD 13.11 9v2 drivers, reboot, and done. No changes to the Intel 3316 drivers, no changes to my BIOS, no special AMD driver install steps like skipping HDMI audio drivers, etc. So I will stick with this until new non-beta drivers that work together. I am hoping that Intel will contact AMD and get this solved.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Shawn,

I am using the stable AMD driver as I prefer using the Intel graphics as primary for the post phase and logging into the OS on my PC monitor. In the other setting, the beta Catalyst 6 and 8 worked flawlessly for quite some time. But this does not explain problems of the people using laptops with only the Intel graphics involved. Could the Intel graphics 3116 HDMI audio be in conflict also with the native Microsoft drivers?

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

Vsslo, yes... Intel still has more than just the Code 31 issue that I was having with the AMD 13.9 stable drivers. While it does work with the beta drivers, I do not think that points the finger 100% to AMD. Nvidia and Intel-Only solutions also have issues. The fact that the issues appear to hit AMD, Nvidia, and Intel-Only solutions; it makes me think there is more going on with the Intel drivers than AMD or Nvidia drivers.

I am just happy that for my system, the AMD beta drivers appear to be a viable option right now. But I waited over 3 weeks to see if Intel might get something figured out. Before the 8.1 update, I was going to get an Nvidia 700 series card, but I will wait until these issues are worked out before I change anything.

0 Kudos
ORigb
Beginner

BUG: Worms Armageddon on Steam (possibly Steam overlay involved?) when using Direct3D 9 (Shaders) graphics mode causes BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in IGDKMD64.SYS in Windows 8.1 after about 10 minutes use. Analysing crash minidump blames dwm.exe.

Acer Aspire E1-571 with i5-3210M and HD 4000 graphics using 10.18.10.3316 drivers. UEFI firmware/BIOS updated to latest version. No 3rd party graphics card. Game worked correctly with 9.17.10.2867.

If it helps, attached is a Windows Debugger log (in plain text)
0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

It is very strange that on my motherboard (Intel DZ77GA-70K with the processor Intel 3770K) the following occurs:

1. When the AMD graphics is set as primary in BIOS, the AMD beta Catalyst drivers (Versions 6-9) work correctly with the Intel driver 3116, but the stable 13.9 version of the Catalyst does not.

2. When the Intel graphics is set as primary , the stable 13.9 version of the Catalyst works correctly with the driver 3116 only if the AMD HDMI Audio is excluded from installing, and the beta versions of the Catalyst do not work correctly with it if the AMD HDMI Audio is installed or not.

From this, it is obvious that besides the conflict in the HDMI Audio portion of the drivers there must be also some additional mismatch present in handling both adapters and their drivers in BIOS and the OS.

0 Kudos