Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20755 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
FLame
Beginner

vsslo,

The only one that I have listed in my device manager under display adapters is the intel one. Out of luck for now, then?

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Flameiro12,

If the one you have (10.18.10.3308) works, stay on it.

The most important is to have your machine working, if any update come later it will be always time to update.

0 Kudos
EDent1
Beginner

I bumped into the same problem with a clean install and was able to resolve it. My configuration is a 3770K with a Radeon HD7950.

With the external graphics set as primary in bios I completed a full Win 8.1 install. After restart only the Radeon was working. The Intel was marked as needing a driver. When I installed the driver from the start of this thread the HD4000 display came up fine. When the driver completed it requested a reboot. After reboot the HD4000 refused to function. I disabled, enabled, uninstalled, deleted drivers, installed older drivers on and on and on. Nothing worked.

I went into bios and set the HD4000 as primary and did a clean install. After the install both HD4000 and Radeon were shown as basic VGA adapters. I installed the latest Radeon driver and the driver from this forum. Both displays were recognized and active at full resolution.

I knocked on wood, crossed my fingers, and rebooted and all is still working fine.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up; I'm still catching up on the last 40+ posts from the last day. So there won't be any direct responses in this reply!

What I wanted to let you all know right now, is that we have another data call for this issue; this time it is with the Event Viewer. Specifically we need to know about the following;

1. Go to Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrator Events
  2. Select 'Find' and search for the following text (result code); 0x8024402C (these are zero's, not o's)

At this time we are still attempting to diagnose the cause of the issue we have been able to reproduce (Error Code 43). We have still not been able to reproduce Error Code 31 though. For those of you looking for the 'why' on the above information collection; there may be Windows* Updates that are not making it passed either the Windows* Firewall or a 3rd party Firewall installed on a system. This means that 'select' updates are not being applied properly.

I will reply to the new posts in short order, just wanted to give you all an update though.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Flameiro12,

I do not know the model of your Toshiba laptop. If the Device Manager shows only the Intel graphics, it does not necessarily mean that there is no additional graphic card in your computer as it can be disabled in the laptop BIOS so that it does not show in your OS. Check your documentation. But if your are not very familiar with the computer technology, you'd better listen to the Colargol's advice.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Nic,

In Device Manager, there are no Custom Views. You probably mean Administrative Tools, Event Monitor, Customs Views.

0 Kudos
WAgar
Novice

Edentel,

When you did your successful clean install with the HD4000 set as primary, to which ports were your monitors connected during that install (? only on the Intel, or monitors connected to Intel and AMD, or ???)

Thanks

0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner

I have one instance of that error from July:

0 Kudos
EDent1
Beginner

I had two monitors, one connected via HDMI to the HD4000 and one connected via DVI duallink to the Radeon.

I decided to try a little more experimentation.... I made a restore point, changed the Radeon back to primary in BIOS, and all was still fine.

Windows update was now showing an updated Intel driver same version number as found in post 1. I permitted the "upgrade" and after a reboot everything is still fine.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

nic wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up; I'm still catching up on the last 40+ posts from the last day. So there won't be any direct responses in this reply!

What I wanted to let you all know right now, is that we have another data call for this issue; this time it is with the Event Viewer. Specifically we need to know about the following;

1. Go to Device Manager -> Custom Views -> Administrator Events
  2. Select 'Find' and search for the following text (result code); 0x8024402C (these are zero's, not o's)

At this time we are still attempting to diagnose the cause of the issue we have been able to reproduce (Error Code 43). We have still not been able to reproduce Error Code 31 though. For those of you looking for the 'why' on the above information collection; there may be Windows* Updates that are not making it passed either the Windows* Firewall or a 3rd party Firewall installed on a system. This means that 'select' updates are not being applied properly.

I will reply to the new posts in short order, just wanted to give you all an update though.

Thanks,

-Nic

I did a search and nothing was found. But my system was affected by this in the event manager.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-in-event-viewer-dxptaskringtone-after/0c28da6a-9a20-4e27-b525-4c52b3847e87 Error in Event Viewer &# 40;DxpTaskRingtone&# 41; after upgrading to - Microsoft Community

Solved quirck. But not sure if that affected the logging of this specific error message. Or maybe Code 31 users don't have this error?

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Nic,

I have not found this error in the Event Viewer, but I have reinstalled the 8.1 and the driver 3116 has been working correctly for me now. I do not know about the old installation.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi again everyone,

Still catching up. Another data call though, this time; Intel Logs & Event Viewer Logs!

1. Navigate to C:\Intel\Logs
  2. Locate the below files (it is okay if some of these are missing);
    • IntelCPHS.log
    • IntelGFX.log
    • IntelGFXCoin.log
    • IntelICCS.log
    • IntelOCL.log
  3. Attach them into your reply (for info on that, look here; /message/211040# 211040 https://communities.intel.com/message/211040# 211040)
  4. Open Event Viewer -> Custom Views
  5. Right click Administrative Events -> Save All Events in Custom View As.. (Note: Enable 'English' as a language in the following dialogue box if your computer is not already in English, otherwise we can't open the file!)
  6. Attach the .evtx file into your reply as well 

I wanted to collect these earlier as well, but we had to get the attachment options changed. Sorry for the delay. We will be providing these logs to the Engineering folks so they can take a deeper look at it.

@Vsslo: You're right, I meant to say Event Viewer. Thanks for catching that

Thanks!

-Nic 

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi vsslo,

Last I read you had installed it the a second time and were running into issues with running our driver alongside the AMD* Catalyst driver. Are you saying that you did a 3rd re-install and it is all functioning correctly now?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
CHoll6
Beginner

Here are the 3 log files that have been updated recently. I could not create the evtx file.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

No, I did not install the 8.1. the third time, I have not found this error in my second installation. On the other hand, in both installations I have had Norton Internet Security and the 8.1 did complain about its compatibility when installing it.

At first, in the second install with automatic AMD drivers 3116 did not worked correctly even before installing Norton and other applications. Having installed the AMD beta driver 13.11 version 6 (before installing Norton and other applications), 3116 began to work correctly. After I installed some applications, including Norton, 3116 malfunctioned again. I had to change the BIOS options (to AMD graphic card as primary and Intel graphics always enabled) and reinstall 3116 to make it work correctly.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

My Intel log files.
0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Are you folks zipping up your individual files? Or is that just what is happening when you attach them?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I did not zip them. It must have happened automatically when I attached them. There are two additional txt files in my C:\Intel: Intel SSDTDK and Intel SSDToolbox which I could not attach.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Ok, all caught up now.

@flameiro12: What is the full name of your Toshiba* system?

@Gil.Goldschlager: I do not see the black screen you are referring to in that video. Can you clarify what the issue is and where to see it specifically?

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
CPenn1
Beginner

I'm not sure if this is useful, but I have two PCs. One has the "low resources" issue and one that's fine both after upgrading to Win 8.1 with the new driver. This is after playing Valve's Team Fortress 2 with both PCs using the same settings in the Intel graphics options as well as in the TF2 graphics options (other than resolution). I tried the instructions to install the driver from Intel (not the beta) and it didn't help.

PC with issues: i3-3225, Asus P8B75-M LX Plus, 8GB DDR3-1600, 1280x1024 LCD

PC that has not had an issue: i5-3570, Asus P8Z77-V LK, 8GB DDR3-2133, 1980x1024 LCD

EDIT: I finally got the low resources crash on the PC that previously had not had an issue. I got it playing Left for Dead 2. Attached the logs and events.

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

The issue with the black screen is in the video I posted is between min 3:10 to 3:18, which are 8 seconds of black screen instead of showing a in game video.

0 Kudos