Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
blore1
Beginner

Sorry Nic, but I don't think that's true, at least not for the ASUS taichi -- see this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-hardware/cant-get-the-screen-to-auto-flip-to-the-second/40af92bd-ca9a-4c41-ada0-139d72c15309 Can&# 39;t get the screen to auto flip to the second screen when I - Microsoft Community

that one started with the RTM of win 8.1 -- people were reporting this issue quite some time ago.

The issue that I have here is that everyone keeps passing the buck, as is always the way. ASUS says it's on MS and Intel. MS and Intel tell us to go back to the manufactuer. We're stuck in a "for loop" here. All I want is to be able to use both the screens on my taichi properly; it's a less than one year old laptop that ASUS now seems to be proclaiming as not working with windows 8.1 because of the VGA driver, which comes from Intel.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, like I say, I know what you're buried in, running CS myself for my own tech company. I just want someone, anyone, to own this issue and tell us there would be a resolution.

0 Kudos
RFont1
Beginner

I'm getting error 43.

Uninstalled all drivers, booted in safe mode, ran Driver Sweeper, installed latest drivers 3316 and of the Nvidia GT650 card.

Now unable to adjust brightness of display.

Hardware:

Dell Inspirion 17s

i7-3610QM (2.3GHz)

NVidia GT 650 M with HD4000

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Here are my log files, I can't get the events sorry.

I'm a user who never got any error after upgrade to WIN 8.1, I installed the driver successfully in all the next 3 ways:

- using Samsung SW Update (not recommended as Nic mentioned here).

- Windows update automatically installed it for me.

- Manually downloaded and installed from Intel website.

all 3 went good with no errors, but still having an issue in a game as I posted before in the video I recorded and shared here.

Maybe compare my logs to others who does have errors may found something that can help.

I'm also attaching my DxDiag

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

As the information about my hardware and software, which produced the issue, has been divided among various of my postings, I am recapitulating them here

Hardware during my second installation of Win 8.1:

Motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70K with BIOS version 66

Processor: Intel 3770K

Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1867

System SSD: 2 x Intel 520 120 GB in Raid 0 on Intel Raid Controller 6Gb ports; no other disks attached to the Intel Raid controller

AMD card: HD 6450 on the second PCIe 16X (functioning in X8 mode)

Raid Controller: SAS Raid LSI 9271 8i CC with no attached disks on the first PCIe X16

TV Card: Haupagge WinTV HVR5-500 (model 121xxx) (PCie X1)

Network adapters: both motherboards adapters and Intel Pro/1000 PT Adapter (PCIe X1)

Burner: Plextor PX-B9560SA on the Marvell controller port

Asus Xonar 7 external sound card (USB) with the coaxial output to the Logitech 5500 Sorround Sound boxes

Headset: Sennheiser 3D GAME1 (USB)

Webcam : Logitech C920 (USB)

Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Slovene version)

Mouse: Corsair

Monitors: Samsung SyncMaster SA350 (on the Intel HDMI port), Sony TV KDL- 40WE5 on the HDMI port of the AMD card

Software used:

Windows 7: Windows Home Premium 7 64 bit English 1 pk DSP OEI 611 DVD

Windows 8: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, Windows Media Center (update through ISO file, downloaded during the first update; worked without problems on 4 other computers with various Win 7 64 bit versions (both Ultimate and Premium)

Windows 8.1: Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit (updated through Store)

Other information:

1. Language: UK English with the Slovenian keyboard and input

1. no use of Windows Update till Win 8.1, no installed applications except Media Center

2. the issue appeared immediately; the computer reverted to the AMD monitor; the driver 3116 reported that it could not be loaded. (I think it was code 31).

3. added all Windows options and carried out Windows Update; the issue remained

BIOS options used:

Intel Graphics set as primary and enable if primary

I guess these are all the relevant parameters. Unfortunately, I have not saved Intel log files and Event Viewer file. Anyway, due to the queer language mix, I obviously cannot save it even now.

0 Kudos
pfern7
Beginner

Hi everyone and intel,

I posted in other day my problem.

I don't see any progress done, i'm getting tired, i spent my money for what?

How can two big companys like microsoft and intel have such fail of comunication?!

I can't play any game because i have code43, i can't open my Amd graphics center (or something), i am like one week or more wainting and experimenting all the ways you posted here. Nothing works.

I want an explanation, i want solutions.

Sorry my english, im portuguese and i'm nervous.

0 Kudos
DC3
Beginner

Hello all. I have found something I hope will help some of you.

I was trying to fix problems with my games that showed up after updating to windows 8.1 and so began to update the graphics driver for a 3rd generation Intel(R) Graphics HD 4000 on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard.

After a failed installation my computer would not boot up except in debugging mode(god I miss F8). And It would not recognize the Intel(R) Graphics in device manager so no rollback on driver; nor was there a system restore option.

So I tried to update to the latest driver and got a system doesn't meet the minimum requirements message.

Being a bit frustrated at this point I began to uninstall everything related to graphics on my computer including LucidLogix Virtu MVP. This fixed my bootup problem.

My two cents on this: before you troubleshoot your graphics problem, uninstall any software or drivers that were present before you updated to windows 8.1(I recommend creating a system restore point first). I'm thinking that there's conflicts and/or incompatibilities between previously and newly installed drivers and/or software that may have carried through the update to windows 8.1. Perhaps this is interfering with your troubleshooting as it was with mine.

I hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Well, yesterday windows update found a new graphics driver, and I let it install it. It seemed to work for quite some time, through putting the taichi21 to sleep and waking it up multiple times. Then, unfortunately, it stopped auto flipping the screens today.

I'm so tired of troubleshooting this. I really wish that someone would offer a fix that isn't "Install these drivers in this cryptic order and maybe it'll work".

0 Kudos
DC3
Beginner

Hello.

After I uninstalled LucidLogix Virtu MVP I went directly to the Asus Website driver page and Flashed the bios to the latest version(this can reset settings for your bios, and you may need to reconfigure them, so DON'T do so unless you know how). Note:For some reason it selected the wrong primary boot drive, and I had to actually disable the wrong ones to get the boot order to be correct.

I then went straight down the list and updated every driver Asus had for Windows 8.1 64bit. Making sure I made restore points the whole way though I didn't need them.

I uninstalled Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D driver from add/remove programs and features as I don't use it.

Everything, including games are now running fine.

Unfortunatly, without LucidLogix Virtu MVP there is no way to link my integrated graphics chip and discrete video card anymore. But it seemed to be the root of my problems.

Good Luck Everyone!

0 Kudos
GWold
Beginner

My system ran Flawless before the Windows 8.1 update. Now I have to enter Debugging mode every time I want to use my PC or I just boot into a illuminated black scree. I've tried to reinstall the 64bit HD4000 video driver but a little into the install my PC crashes and I have to debug again to even use my PC. This REALLY sucks!

0 Kudos
WAgar
Novice

Intel Logs and Event Viewer Log

My previous post was for a Windows Store upgrade made on 10/17, which resulted in Code 31 problems. To provide more information for Nic, I booted to a USB flash drive with the Windows 8.1 RTM on it and did a clean install to a bare HDD, with Internet disconnected and only one monitor connected to a Radeon 6850 graphics card. Upon completion, I had one Display Adapter in Device Manager, using MS Basic Display Adapter driver. I also had a Video Controller shown in Device Manager with the yellow exclamation mark - code 28 no drivers installed, unknown device. I then installed Intel driver 3316, downloaded from Intel, using the manual method and the Intel 4000 then showed properly in Device Manager as a Display Adapter. Without rebooting, I installed AMD drivers 13.9, which required a reboot. After that reboot, I got the same Code 31 on the Intel HD Graphics 4000 -This device is not working properly because Windows can not load the drivers required for this device. At this point, the Internet was still disconnected, and before doing anything else I copied the Intel logs and Event log. Nothing else was installed during this test - no Anti-virus, etc. The computer is a home built based on an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 MoBd. Hope this helps find the problem.

dagar7

IParr
Beginner

Hi!

I have been trying to install the Intel Iris and HD Graphics Driver (WIN64_15335) to my ASUS UX31A after update it to Windows 8.1 but there is a error, I have tried everything but I cannot solve it.

Any suggestions?

I sent you attached some screenshoots about the failure.

Thanks!

iZak.

PD. A cannot use the WIDI neither because this problem I think.

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0220 0760

Date Created: Sunday, November 03, 2013 7:16:19 AM

ADVANCEDComputer ManufacturerASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.Computer ModelUX31AOperating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 8Operating System Build (O/S)(build 9200), 64-bitOperating System (version)6.2.9200O/S Language0409System RAM4.0 GB.NET Framework Version3.5.30729.4926CD or DVD Devicenot detectedSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:93.6 GBPhysical Drivenot detectedMakernot detectedModelnot detectedBus Typenot detectedLocal Disk not detectednot detectedUsed space:not detectedFree Space:not detectedMemory DetailTotal Physical Memory4.0 GBAvailable Physical Memory647.2 MBTotal Virtual Memory2.0 GBInternet Browser [1]Internet ExplorerInternet Browser Version [1]9.11.9600.16384

Chipset Software StatusIntel® Chipset Installation File (INF) detectednot detected Detected Chipset INF Version<td id="value" style="color: #...
0 Kudos
JCanc
Beginner

Hi,

I continue to loose sound (windows says "not plugged in") when I change my AV Receiver source, or turn off my TV etc. I have to reboot without touching anything in the "HDMI" chain...

I hope this problem won't be forgotten with all other problems...

Is there someone else who has this problem too ?

0 Kudos
RCarr7
Beginner

I have a similar problem with HDMI connection disappearing if my receiver is in standby when the computer resumes from sleep or if the source is changed. I did not have this problem with my previous HTPC (AMD Phenom II 1090T/Radeon HD 6770/Windows 7. New system relies upon Intel HD 4600 graphics for HDMI output using Asus Z87I-PRO mini-ITX board. I hope this problem is fixed as it is very annoying. So far, everything else works perfectly.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

@vsslo: Thanks for all the detailed information, as well as the log .

@jncanches: We have reproduced this issue in our labs, and have submitted it as a bug. Thank you for your report - we do not have an ETA of when the fix for this will be avaible.

@Obasji & iZak: Have you tried using the Manual Driver Installation method? http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm

@djlisa: Have you tested with the AMD* beta driver that was released a few days ago? http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64 http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

@Dave2001: I just attempted to reproduce the issue you are referring to. However, I was unable to do so on my Yamaha* RX-3650. Can you provide the exact steps you take that result in you losing output to your display via receiver?

@Corsican1: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
IParr
Beginner

Dear Nic,

It works.

Thank you!

iZak.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi nic

Here is my DXDIAG for my ASUS TAICHI21 that works fine for now with the former driver, after I rolled it back to W8

Hope that help

Regards

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Hey nic

Here is my dxdiag from my Taichi21 running Win8.1 using 3316 which will not allow me to use the touchscreen for anything other than mouse control

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Where did you get his 2963 driver? I've only found the 2857.

0 Kudos
RCarr7
Beginner

Nic

HTPC is attached to Denon AVR-3312 by HDMI. Playback devices are:

The DENON-AVAMP connection disappears if:

1. The HTPC wakes from sleep and the amp is in sleep mode; or

2. The amp is put into standby while the HTPC is on.

In both cases the sound defaults to the Realtek Digital Output (Optical) which is available but not connected as shown below.

Once the HTPC cannot detect the amp the connection is lost until the it is restarted with the amp turned on.

I hope this explains the situation.

Regards

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Run windows update, it will show up under the optional updates. If you previously dismissed this you may need to look under the previously hidden updates sections

0 Kudos
MK20
Beginner

are we saying the windows update will resolve the hdmi audio disappearing??

0 Kudos