Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
GGold3
Novice

Here's my msinfo32 file

(experiencing black screen delay in game)

0 Kudos
THaar
Beginner

Error Code 43:

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi!

Thanks nic for this good information about ASUS TAICHI21. They are a bit slow even if they promised us the best service ever as Taichi 21 owner.

I only hope that they don't ask me to send back my computer to them under RMA to fix it. I'll not do that for such problem.

I'll check if they issue a new BIOS F/W version

If I understood what you mean I have to install the new BIOS version from ASUS and then after that I may install the 3316 driver right? and everything supposed to work fine?

I cross my fingers

Thank you again nic.

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

There are currently (judging from Asus' download page) 3 different Taichi21 machine types, as indicated by the number of BIOS update versions. So make sure you follow the BIOS upgrade instructions very carefully so that you can make sure to upgrade using the proper firmware. I'm on the current for my Taichi21 which is BIOS 208 so no sense in trying that one.

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Upgrading the taichi BIOS is hilariously hard, considering it's a UEFI BIOS - the BIOS looks like it's from 1990.

That said, I find it also hilarious that it's going to take a BIOS update to fix this issue. I'll believe it's fixed when I see it.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi!

Well dear Taichi21 Owners the last good BIOS for my the TAICHI21 is the 208. Now I am waiting for the ultimate BIOS update from ASUS that nic talk about. Hoping that the slow motion people from ASUS wakes up and gives us as fast as they can....... the very, ultra, amazing, fantastique (in french in the text) service that they promised to us.

Another information collected on the NetBook Review Site and coming from ASUS support the november 11 2013.

It seems that is to roll back the driver to latest version. as I have done it I won't do it again. if somebody want to try it go ahead.

Bye!

Quote:

Re: Asus Taichi21 i7 tablet mode not working after Windows 8.1 update asus reply back with

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is May and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience in using our product and the delayed response due to the weekend.

For this issue, please refer to the following information to reinstall the intel VGA driver.

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/VGA/VGA_Intel_Taichi_Win7_64_Win8_64_Z917102857.zip http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...Z917102857.zip.

And then please restart the laptop after you installed.

If this problem still remains, please install the ASUS Close Lid and ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities.

Version V1.1.8

ASUS Close Lid

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=475&m=TAICHI21&os=36&ft=14&f_name=CloseLid_Win8_64_VER118.zip# CloseLid_Win8_64_VER118.zip ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TAICHI21

Version V1.0.0030

ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=475&m=TAICHI21&os=36&ft=14&f_name=ATKPackage_Win8_64_VER100030.zip# ATKPackage_Win8_64_VER100030.zip ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TAICHI21

0 Kudos
CClar7
Beginner

BUG

HP Envy Touchsmart 15. Driver 3316 installed, code 43, no 3rd party card installed.

0 Kudos
mn6
Beginner

Any update on this? Ever since 8.1 my onboard video is not recognized (Intel HD Graphics 3000). Downloaded the most recent driver, little ! went away for a brief moment, but came back, still not recognized.

So frustrating that something like this actually gets released.

Thanks to all who have been putting in work to figure this out.

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

I'm one of those who have not been receiving either of the error codes, nor can I update to the latest 3316 driver, simply because it won't install. I am reluctant to completely uninstall any drivers and start from scratch, let alone approach the BIOS, as I'm told by some close computer friends that in the long run, this can be a bad idea (especially since I have a laptop that I simply can't replace parts). I've tried downloading the drivers, unzipped them, went to the device manager and told it to update both from the web, and from the file where the driver files were sitting, and it always determined it's up to date, but my computer is not running the 3316 driver. I can confirm this multiple ways. When I try using the .exe version, it says that my computer does not meet the requirements.

My issue is gaming related. Whenever I play certain games, they bluescreen with the driver_not_equal igdkmd64.sys error. But it appears that this is limited to certain resolutions. I can run low resolutions fine, but games that have higher resolutions crash and burn. Before you ask, no, I am not overclocking; these games ran perfectly pre-8.1 on decent settings. I have logged several hundred hours on them with many stretches of hours of uninterrupted gameplay.

My laptop:

Asus R500V

Intel Core i7 3630QM, 2.4GHz

Memorey: 8GB

HDD: 1 TB

Intel HD 4000

Nvidia GeForce 610m 2GB (set to be the primary card used in ALL programs)

I attached my msinfo32 file, but I'm not sure if it's going to be any use, because as I said I have no way of installing the 3316 driver.

0 Kudos
MZvon1
Beginner

I'm having an issue to get work Lenovo T440p with HD4600 and Eizo S2100 as an external display. I was able to get it work only with resolution 1240x1024 however monitors maximum is 1600x1200.

The operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Connection between these two is via Dock Pro and DVI-D cable.

I have already tried 5 different drivers from Lenovo and also from Intel but no luck.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@mikl25: We just released a driver for your system yesterday afternoon. 3316 is for 3rd and 4th gen, whereas this driver here is for 2nd gen. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=3347 Download Center

@Grammaton485: Rest assured that doing a full uninstall of the graphics drivers will most likely not result in any catastrophic failure. There is a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver that is packaged with the operating system, which you are unable to simply remove/uninstall. This prevents you from ever losing the ability to view your display, and as long as you can do that - you can install other drivers.

I would recommend doing a complete uninstall of your graphics driver. This means going into Device Manager, right click -> Uninstall on the Intel® display adapter, and selecting the [ ] checkbox for deleting associated driver files. Reboot, and repeat this process until the display adapter reads as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as mentioned before. At that point, do a further reboot - and install our 3316 driver via the Manual Driver Installation method. More information about that available here; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — How to manually install a driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

@Matush: In your Intel® Graphics Control Panel, go to the Display -> Multiple Display section. Verify that you are not currently set to run in 'Clone Mode'. If you are, choose either Extended or Single Display and hit 'Apply'. This should allow you to change your resolution, assuming that this is the hold-up you are experiencing. Additionally, are you using a USB 3.0 dock (a dock which connects to your system via a USB cable) or a traditional dock?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

Not to sound incredibly lazy nic, but why should I have to do this, especially when I've read that this doesn't fix the issue? Everything on my computer is otherwise stable, though from what I've read, people doing this have encountered boot errors and even more graphics problems.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Not everyone has the issue to be honest. The ones who report here? Yes, they have the issue. But there are countless others that successfully install Windows* 8.1, update their drivers, use two graphics solutions - and do not have the problem.

You can always roll back your driver to the previous version via Device Manager if you are experiencing issues. Additionally, the BSOD you are experiencing while gaming could very well be related to the fact that you are using an unsupported driver. 3316 is our first supported driver for Windows* 8.1 - anything beforehand is not validated for it, and any crashes are therefore expected behavior.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

So then when is this driver going to be properly updated like any other driver through an update, like the rest of my drivers have been, instead of having to completely reinstall my graphics drivers, which I've never done? That's the part I'm not getting. As it stands right now, I have to go through more work to update my driver than I did to update to Windows 8.1, and based on people's post in this thread, the driver still seems to be very unstable, or it doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
mn6
Beginner

@nic, to clarify, Do i need 3316 or the driver you linked for 2nd gen drivers?

Either way, I tried both. 3316 says my system does not meet minimum requirements

the one on the link, i was able to install, but 2nd monitor still not working.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi mikl25,

You want to use the driver I posted the link for. Also, since you are having trouble with your second display, please attach the following reports;

* dxdiag (start -> run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information)

* Intel graphics driver report (ctrl + alt + f12 -> Information Center -> Save)

Additionally, go into your Device Manager and tell me what the status is on your Intel graphics. Is there an error code?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Hi Nic,

Does your recommndation for complite uninstall of Inter HD 4000 driver only for Notebooks without additions cards?

And Do I need to uninstall Inter Graphics from "Installed Programs Manager" or only from Device manager?

May such uninstall cause problems if I have second graphic card?

I have ASUS N76VB with NVIDIA GeForce 740 M and I install 3316 using manual method (though "From Disk").

So, I replace driver 3308 (which was installed by Win 8.1 update) by driver 3316. But still I have code 43 for Inter Graphics HD 4000.

I have Windows 8.1. one language edition (Russian). May it cause problems?

Note: As I may see all folder names are English.

Some additional info:

1) if I remove all monitors in settings My notebook screen have low resolution (I think 1200 * 760) less then declared in Screen Settings, which are grey (disabled) and show max resolution. When I try to select driver type I may see only non-PnP monitor.

2) If I add additional (virtual) monitor It cause problems.

3) If I remove all additional monitors and then connect to notebook additional (physical) display (Samsung S27C750) it supported normally by NVIDIA card, but notebook screen is not accessable (i.e. I can't set desktop image dublication on notebook screen as I have conflict).

4) In all cases (1-3) Inter HD 4000 have code 43 in Device manager. But If I start dxdiag it shows that Intel Graphics HD 4000 is working normally.

5) If I restart notebook insafe mode then there is no conflicts and Device manage shows that Inter HD Graphics working normally

Best regards, vpz

0 Kudos
ARigd
Beginner

I have scanned these pages like crazy, as I too am having issues.

My issue seems to be related to what you mentioned @nic (driver vs driver issue). I have an AMD Radeon HD7870 card and an onboard Intel HD Graphics 4000 chip. My AMD Card works perfectly fine but I have my second monitor running off the Intel Chip.

One thing I do notice is when I remove the monitor from the windows display setup and run a detect it pics up my second monitor as "Available Display output on: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series" which is not right at all. Sounds like it is on point with what you mentioned.

I have not received any errors installing 3316 etc, and all my current drivers are U2D, the monitor just does not work. Also, when I try to open the Intel Graphics Control Panel, it pops up and disappears instantly. Weird.

Should I just impatiently sit tight, or would you like a report from me?

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

Hi Nic,

Here are my five cents and driver info:

...ASUS UX31A with intel HD 4000. Funny enough today I've had both code 31 and 43 on the 3316 driver, which seems to alternate with the 3308, and neither seems to be willing to uninstall, or is reinstalled automatically, so I end up having one of both or two of either.

Best regards,

FinnGus

0 Kudos
mn6
Beginner

@nic

I sent you the info you requested via direct msg. hope that helps you, help me

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Here's ASUS' latest BS reply to me:

Actually, The taichi21's tablet will not work after upgrading to windows 8.1, but after installing the three latest drivers, ATK,Close_Lid and graphics, it can solve the tablet issue perfectly, We tested many all the TAICHI21s and the solution works well.

But the solution is useless on your taichi21, so it is not only a driver issue, maybe there is a hardware issue with your taichi21, or there is a soft conflict issue with your laptop, we have released the new drivers to solve the issue, but it is useless for you.

Why did you insist needing new other drivers???? We have released new drivers, they are helpful for all the other people, but not for you. We really do not know why, becasue they worked on all other TAICHI21s. We need you TAICHI21 for a check. If you do not want to ship it to us, We can do nothing for you.

We have released the new drivers for windows 8.1.

Notice the part at the end. WHAT? No, no you have not. There are no new VGA drivers on the taichi support page, there is not a new BIOS.

Again, ASUS' fix is to have me SEND THEM MY COMPUTER. While I'm hopeful for the mythical BIOS fix that will solve this two screen issue, I'm not exactly feeling like ASUS is going to do anything sensible to help the owners of their product. Bottom line; this laptop is probably headed for a very early death one way or another, because ASUS obviously doesn't want to support it.  

0 Kudos