Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Windows Hello with Intel Iris

ChuckAtkinson54
Beginner

New HP Pavilion Intel Iris Plus graphics.  Camera will not work with Windows Hello.  Driver version 27.20.100.9316.  HP was no help.  Windows 10 Pro 64x  all updates applied.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, HP support is totally useless; you pay them money for support and all they do is pocket it.

That said, AFAIK, there is no association between the graphics solution and features such as Windows Hello or your camera. I thus suggest that you contact Microsoft. 

...S

0 Kudos
ChuckAtkinson54
Beginner

Thanks. My opinion about HP as well.  They kept insisting I do a factory reset on the machine after I just spent 3 days getting all my normal work applications installed, installing the latest Windows updates and the Intel drivers directly from Intel. But this camera didn't work out of the box. I was hoping some driver would fix the issue. This is a replacement system for a 4 year old HP Envy that works fine with Windows Hello.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You owned a HP system previously and you *still* went back to them for another one? What a glutton for (avoidable) punishment. HP and Dell are the slimiest scum going. You pay them good money for support that you simply don't get - and can't really get with the idiots that they hire (of course, they just tell you to contact Intel and Intel for some unfathomable reason puts up with it). On top of everything, their warranties are ridiculously short (everyone should be demanding a full three years of hardware coverage and a full six years of driver coverage). I won't have anything to do with either of them.

Off my soapbox now,

...S

0 Kudos
ChuckAtkinson54
Beginner

Solved by the support staff at the reseller.

Windows Hello only works with an IR camera. My old Envy has one the new Pavilion does not.

Thanks !

0 Kudos