Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20714 Discussions

Would the Intel Arc build in laptops support Catia V5?

FrankieV
Beginner

Dear all,

I want to buy a lightweigt (as light as possible) laptop and I do not play games or do other heavy stuff. The only program i need to run sometimes is CatiaV5. Now i run a Surface book 2 which is broken.

If i would buy a laptop with an Intel Arc graphics card like an Asus Zenbook 14 Oled or a Samsung Galaxy book4, would they be able to run a CAD program Catia V5?

The requirement of the card for Catia is : A graphics adapter with a 3D OpenGL accelerator is required.

I hope you can give me some more information.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello FrankieV,

Upon reviewing the CATIA V5 system requirements, it stated a graphics adapter equipped with a 3D OpenGL accelerator. I have verified that the arc graphics card in question supports OpenGL 4.6, which indeed includes support for 3D graphics as this feature has been available since OpenGL 1.3. However, for a more comprehensive confirmation, it would be advisable to reach out to Dassault Systèmes, the developers, for their expert verification. For reference, you can check the following articles:

Should you require any additional assistance or have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to help and will await your response. Thank you.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
christy2951hernandez

Hello @FrankieV,

Based on the requirement you've mentioned for Catia V5, which is a graphics adapter with a 3D OpenGL accelerator, Intel Arc graphics cards should theoretically support it. However, it's always best to double-check with the specific model of Intel Arc graphics card in the laptops you're considering. You can look up the technical specifications of the Intel Arc GPU models included in the Asus Zenbook 14 OLED or the Samsung Galaxy Book4 to ensure they meet or exceed the OpenGL requirements for Catia V5. Additionally, you may want to search for user experiences or reviews specifically regarding running Catia V5 on laptops with Intel Arc graphics to get a better idea of real-world performance.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello FrankieV,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
FrankieV
Beginner
Norman,
Yes, i did. But i am still not sure if it will work. I phoned a contact of myself in the Netherlands who is selling Catia (Keonis), but he wasn't sure. What he told me that if the graphics supports opengl it should be ok. Dassault only refers to their original tested nvidia cards.
What i learned is that Catia is not so hardware critical, so i think i will try and let you know. I will not know when that wiĺ be...
If there are users out there who have experience with Catia and Intel Arc, please let me know.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello FrankieV,

Thank you for your response. To confirm your inquiry thoroughly, I suggest reaching out to Dassault Systèmes. You are correct that CATIA V5 can support a graphics card as long as it supports OpenGL, as mentioned in their system requirements. However, it would still be best to verify this with the developer. I understand that you have already contacted them, and I'm glad to help you with this matter. I will close this inquiry on my end now, but please feel free to submit a new question if you require further assistance. This thread will no longer be monitored, but other community members can still respond to any posts on this thread.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos