Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20742 Discussions

X-Plane 12 Support

ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

i purchased ARC 770 saturday, but i can´t start x-plane 12 because of missing drivers

I had to put my my old rtx 2070 super back in. Is there a solution near with the missing vulkan

drivers?.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
68 Replies
iJotamax
Beginner
Hello there,
That's good news, let's hope that new version of the drivers is available soon and we can now play x-plane 12.
And Thank you for your hard work.

Regards,
0 Kudos
gakki
Beginner

I hope the new driver can solve this problem as soon as possible. I have been waiting for too long

0 Kudos
JChristiansen
Beginner

Are there any updates? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi again everyone!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel! 🙂

X-Plane 12 devs confirmed that the driver we last released (101.5186) provides better performance. There should be a future game patch that will remove the lack of support message for Intel Arc.

0 Kudos
Poesis11de
Beginner

Hello there, 

This is very great news and I'm really happy to hear that!

I can't thank you enough for your hard work and that you heard us, even though we X-Plane users are a pretty small community.

As you said, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to try X-Plane 12 as soon as the mentioned game patch comes out! Again, thank you!

Best regards

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner

Hi there,

That is very good news, I have waited almost a year to play X-Plane 12 and with no luck, let's hope that we can enjoy it soon.

Regards,

0 Kudos
gakki
Beginner

This is good news, I can't wait anymore.😃

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner

hi there again,

Any news about drivers and compatibility with xplane 12, cause now we are in 31.0.101.5333 drivers version and still is not working the game, so please don't tell us that we have to wait another year.

regards,

0 Kudos
gakki
Beginner

Be patient,Xplane12.1.0 beta coming soon,it will solve this problem!🙂

news from xplane forums~

0 Kudos
hmza012
Beginner

I was facing the same issue

0 Kudos
aGEEKdude
Novice

I don't mean to sound impatient, but there hasn't been an update to this thread in a little while. Is there any news on this?

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner
It will soon be 2 years since this thread started and we are the same, there have been many driver updates but nothing that works for X-Plane 12, the same initial error still persists. At this point the only option we have will be to go into debt on another video card.
0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

As previously mentioned, we are waiting for future game patch that will remove the lack of support message for Arc.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi everyone. The time has finally come!! 🎉

The error has been removed in the latest X-Plane 12 Beta, version 12.1.0. Please update to this beta (instructions here). Note that the fix is NOT available in the public version of X-Plane 12.

Also, please make sure to install Arc Graphics driver 101.5186 or newer to get those performance improvements mentioned in earlier in this thread. 

I know its been a long time coming so thanks all SO much for your patience! I would appreciate some confirmations that everything looks good from your end. 😊

aGEEKdude
Novice

Hey there, I have good and bad news about the fix. I was able to successfully install X-Plane 12 on my Intel 11th gen CPU/iGPU laptop. However, on my PC with a 12th gen CPU and A750 GPU, I'm getting the same Vulkan error from the original issue. I've tried reinstalling graphics drivers from scratch (and ensuring the latest version is installed) as well as reinstalling the X-Plane 12 installer, but I'm still getting the same error.

aGEEKdude_0-1715896084892.png

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner
Same here, receive the same earlier error message, and I am using i5 13500, 32Gb, A770 16Gb limited edition.
0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Are you sure you're using the latest public beta on that system? I tried the game on three different systems (13th Gen +A750, 14th Gen+A770, 12th Gen+A750) and I have yet to see the error pop up again.

0 Kudos
DIVYANSHMITT6
Beginner

PLS WILL IT ALSO WORK ON INTEL IRIS XE GRAPHICS WITH DX12 AND VULAKN PLS REPLY

0 Kudos
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hello ECVPH,

Thanks for your patience. The issue you've reported has already been addressed in X-Plane 12 Beta version 12.1.0.

Update to the BETA version can be found here: https://www.x-plane.com/kb/using-x-plane-betas/

Please note that the fix is not available in the public version of X-Plane 12.

Installing the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows* version 101.5186 or newer includes performance improvements for X-Plane 12. 

You may download the driver at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html

Regards, 

Ernesto C. 

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
DIVYANSHMITT6
Beginner

Thanks @Ernesto_C_Intel1  for quick response but I downloaded the beta 12.1.0 but it gives a pop up saying unsupported memory flags for pool I have a intel iris xe 16gigs ram

0 Kudos
OConnell
Beginner

Hi,

First at all , thanks Gabriela and Ernesto, for your info and feedback!

I would like to know about linux drivers (Fedora 40), because still do not working, getting the same early error message about initialize Vulkan drivers.

As far as i know, i have installed the latest mesa-vulkan-drivers-24.0.7-3 of Fedora, and Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics (DG2).

Thank U!

0 Kudos