Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20625 Discussions

XFX Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT freezes on Intel DG43NB Motherboard

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am having configuration of Samsung 22inch Full HD LCD Monitor , Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3 GHz Processor, Intel DG43NB Motherboard, 4GB DDR2 Ram, VIP 600 W SMPS, Creative Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Sound Card. Now My problem is recently I bought New Nvidia XFX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2 Graphic card, if i am inserting my Graphic Card in PCI 2.0 Slot and restarting my PC. I had done all settings i.e. video setting in bios changed to PCI Express and also auto option. I removed my old intex graphic driver and installed new Graphic Card Driver. After installing and also while installing my system freezes out after which until i will not remove my graphic driver, I had changed my Graphic Card and brought again New one from same retail shop of same brand now also if I am installing new driver, oldest driver or driver came in CD my system still get freezed out. I want to know whether this is PCI E slot problem or anything else. I am not able to figure out the exact problem. My SMPS is providing 22A + 22A at +12V rating so i think there is not PSU issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mac_User

1 What operating system are you using? What Service Pack?

2 I would probably Install the drivers from the nvidia web site, not from the CD as they are not the latest ones.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

3 Looks to me that you have a driver issue not a hardware issue. So if installing the drivers from nvidia doesn't work is probably quickest and easier to reinstall the operating system.

Regards

Span1shUk

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3

2. I had tried latest one from Nvidia website, also the driver cam from CD and also tried the older version from downloading Nvidia website.

3. I even formatted my system and also done fresh install of XP after that installed intel chipset driver and then Nvidia driver but again the same issue is there.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had switched from Nvidia to ATI Radeon HD graphic card and its working properly

0 Kudos