Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20627 Discussions

video driver update problem

idata
Employee

Hi, I'm running a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5851 with Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit for the OS. Shortly after getting all current updates for all programs on system the video messed up. Most all programs will not run correctly now. I tried updating the video driver both through Toshiba and Intel.

The driver posted on Toshiba's site is http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=1998593&rpn=PSAE3U&modelFilter=A205-S5851&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663# Intel Display Driver for Windows Vista (v7.14.10.1461; 10-16-2008.

This is the driver currently on the computer.

The driver posted on the Intel site is v. 15.12.4.1666 dated 3/5/09. I have tried to download this driver, but when installing it comes up as error. It states.... The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufactuer. Setup will exit.

I called Intel about the message...They told me Toshiba "customizes" their drivers. I then called Toshiba back, and was told imfatically that they do not customize their drivers.

How can I get the video driver updated for this computer? I really need to be able to finish my AutoCAD school work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies