Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21209 Discussions

arc a370M

CredentialsDenied

Hello, I have noticed that new drivers supposedly also come with Option ROM, but when installation was happening I did not see any relevant information in the log.
My OpRom on arc 370 is 20.0.1045.0.
I've read on your web that there is a newer version.
Is it possible for that to be a reason for my lag problems?

After installing new drivers everything dropped in efficiency.

Is there some way for me to flash this card to newer firmware?

Every now and then GPU memory is being tanked, but my GPU is only using at most 40% at all times. Lowering settings does nothing.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CredentialsDenied

Also my integrated card has the same performance.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Furthermore, if possible, please share with us a photo of the issue. And also, does the issue only happen with specific applications?

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CredentialsDenied

here

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your SSU.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps below for a possible solution to the issue:

1. Disable integrated graphics to confirm that the system is using the A370M.

Steps on how to disable your Intel Iris Xe graphics card:

1. Right-click the Windows icon.
  2. Click Device Manager.
  3. Expand display adapters.
  4. Right-click Intel Iris XE, then click Disable Device.

2. Update the A370M graphics card with an Intel generic graphics driver.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CredentialsDenied

I have a laptop. There is no BIOS way to switch from iGpu to dedicated. It is done through graphic control. I did everything on software level.

There is an absurd amount of energy drawn by my CPU and GPU. It causes overheating -> then thermal throttling. IT is because of permanent state of termal throttling that I get nothing out of it. Simply manual reduction of energy draw would suffice. I need a program like Throttlestop for your GPU. I'm pretty sure you did something to energy supply with new drivers at some point.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

Thank you so much for the update.

I will raise the case with our engineers for further guidance on what could be our next step, and then I'll get back to you as soon as I have their response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

To further determine the root cause of the issue and provide you with an appropriate recommendation, kindly provide the following information:

1. Is the overheating issue associated with the use of a particular application? If so, could you please specify the application's name?

2. Has there been any communication with HP regarding this overheating concern?

3. When was this overheating issue first observed?

4. Which application is being used to monitor the computer's performance and temperature?

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

To further determine the root cause of the issue and provide you with an appropriate recommendation, kindly provide the following information:

1. Is the overheating issue associated with the use of a particular application? If so, could you please specify the application's name?

4. Which application is being used to monitor the computer's performance and temperature?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

In order for us to further determine the root cause of the issue and provide you with an appropriate recommendation, kindly provide the following information:

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
DhannielM_Intel

Hello CredentialsDenied,

First I would like explain about the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. This feature in the processor opportunistically accelerates processor performance for peak loads and it does not sustain the turbo frequencies. The processor usage depends on the applications used in the system. When the processor usage is high, the temperature of the processor also rises. Intel® Processors have built-in thermal protection. If the processor gets too hot, the built-in protection slows down (throttling) and eventually shuts down the processor.

Therefore, I advise you to contact your system manufacturer to understand the system’s normal operating temperature range and to report unexpected behavior of the system.

Since we haven't received a response from you, I will go ahead and close this thread. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Dhanniel M.

0 Kudos