Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

arc a770 sparkle oc titan, eve vanguard crash on deployment

lapatossu
Novice

1. what is the proper channel to report a bug?

2. A770 16gb, 5333 drivers, crashes at deployment stage in EVE Vanguard.

--ktxhbye

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu.

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• Was Eve Vanguard the only game that was having an issue? And when it crashes, does it show any error messages?
  • When did the issue start? Was the game working fine before? This is to check if you have made any changes that might cause the issue.
  • Resizable BAR is important as it enhances the graphics card's performance. Was it enabled in the BIOS? To check, please follow this article: What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It?
  • What is the brand and model of your power supply? This is to check if your PSU meets the Arc graphics requirements. 
  • If possible, share with us a video showing the crashing of the game while you were playing.

By the way, you have reached the correct forum.

I look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
lapatossu
Novice

- Eve Vanguard only one with issue, it crashes in loading screen just before match start and then you get the unreal engine crash reporter. So far only other issue in any other game is few flickering textures in EVE Online proper (explosions and some stargates).

- Installed Vanguard and it was crashing right away so never worked.

- ReBAR enabled in UEFI and device driver shows the extended range

- PSU is Corsair  HX 1000W

- can't provide video since didn't think to record then and march playtest is over

EDIT: posted about the issue on reddit and found out i'm not the only one with the issue.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu,

Thank you so much for the response and for providing us with the details that we requested.

Please try to perform a clean installation of drivers using DDU, then install our new release graphics driver, 31.0.101.5382.

If the issue still persists, please provide your newly generated SSU, as I will raise the issue with our engineers.

By the way, will it be okay if you share the link to your Reddit with me so I can follow the development of your conversation? so I maybe able to avoid providing repeated steps.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
lapatossu
Novice

I'll do the update but can't provide anything on the Vanguard issue until the next playtest opens, probably in few months and who knows maybe the issue is on CCP side. I'll record some video when that happens.

link to the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/EveVanguard/comments/1bkbpm1/crash_on_deployment_intel_arc_a770/ it's not much but there it is.

-cheers

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu,

Thank you so much for the response.

Please let us know the result once you have already updated your graphics driver with 31.0.101.5382, so we can know our next step.

And by the way, thank you so much for sharing your Reddit link; I'll continue to monitor it too.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu,

We may know the result when you have updated your graphics driver to 31.0.101.5382, so we can take our next step.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Lapatossu.

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
lapatossu
Novice

I could not provide more information until april play test, but it's open now so i recorded video.

other information is as previously stated in this thread.

DDU uninstalled drivers, installed 31.0.101.5382

Attached video shows what happens from start to finish.

0 Kudos