Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

ast update to windows 10 (April 2018) made on June 6, 2018, does not work screen brightness change, it is always locked at most.

cdavo
Beginner

Hi, I'm Carlo 🙂 I have an Acer Aspire 5732z PC and on 06 June 2018 I upgraded to version 1803 of Windows 10, last updated of April. I already had the previous version of W10 that worked very well. Unfortunately now the brightness of the screen no longer works: the brightness is always at most 100%. The driver of the video card that I was mounted, updated, is the Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family (Microsoft Corporation -WDDM 1.1). If I roll back, it takes me back to the basic Microsoft driver that is zoomed in and then the brightness is there too at the most. In the driver of generic monitor plug an play I can not restore the previous driver because the voice appears to me but it is not clickable (therefore on the PC there are no previous versions of that driver): there the driver is updated. How to still be able to adjust the brightness of the PC? So high and 'really annoying ... Please give me an alternative driver that can make the brightness work and give me directions to where to download and how to mount it. If the file is in compressed .exe format, for example, please tell me the exact name of the file I need to upload.Thanks, see you soon greetings holy and serene day, peace and love, God bless you, bye Carlo .. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello carlodavoli,

Thank you contacting us.

Please go ahead and continue the support on your original forum, so we can assist you better and faster:

/thread/126194 https://communities.intel.com/thread/126194

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos