Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

black screen error

ARaza10
Beginner

sir my laptop was working well i have been using it since 2017 end but 10 days before i was using my laptop  then suddenly my screen resolution change 1024 automatically so i changed it to 1366 then i started playing game the suddenly screen goes for a second an the return to normal and making a sound like something is connected and disconnected then game screen change first it was running in full screen now it in center of window then i changed option to fullscreen then after playing while this proccess repeated mean if something playing in fullsreen it goes out black and game or app size minimized then i uninstalled driver intel hd 520 then i was not getting black screen but when i have not drivers my system does not detect external graphic card i have tried all version downloaded from manufacture site but nothing solve the problem i am using window 8.1 and ihave hp probook   450 3

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ARaza10,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to have more system information, specifically I would like to request an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Also, please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Are you connecting the computer to an external monitor or is the problem related to the laptop's screen? 

Let me know so I can assist you further.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ARaza10
Beginner

sir the problem is related to laptop screen but when i am in safe mode this black screen error does not occur

0 Kudos
ARaza10
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ARaza10,

Thank you for the response and the information provided.

We are reviewing the information provided in your previous posts, I will get back to you as soon as I can with more recommendations for this inquiry.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

A Contingent Worker at Intel.

0 Kudos
ARaza10
Beginner

Ok sir waiting for solution

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ARaza10,

Based on the information that you have provided I would recommend you to follow these steps:

Uninstall your graphics driver without having an internet connection:

1. Open the Device Manager using the steps provided for your operating system:
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. 
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.
  7. If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat steps 1 through 6.
  8. Connect the Internet services back and restart the computer one more time, so Windows* will load your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers.

If the issue persists, please test with the latest Intel generic driver available on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88355

I was able to check on the reports that the system also has an AMD Radeon R7 M340 graphics adapter, do you know if hybrid graphics are supported on the computer?

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
ARaza10
Beginner

sir i have dowloaded the latest drivers from the intel and hp site but both that driver are showing black screen and i have check window intel hd 520 but it also show black screen which blink after 2 min but Microsoft Basic Display Adapter works okay but i think it does not use intel hd 520 it only use cpu because when i play video cpu usage goes 50 to 60%

i have old driver and latest driver but nothing works

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ARaza10,

Thank you for your response.

I was checking the report you provided and I can see that your laptop has discrete graphics as well, this means that you have hybrid graphics. 

Please contact your system manufacturer so that they can assist you with installing the graphics drivers in the correct order and this way they can check and see if the issue is related to the drivers or actually hardware.

David V

0 Kudos