Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

blurry Text on 2nd / 3rd screen

FelixMettler
Beginner

I got a new HP laptop with Intel Iris Xe Graphics. The text on my two external screens is blurry. I tried "everything" but it is still not working. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Catulpos_Intel

Hello FelixMaster,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your laptop, and we want to properly set your expectation that since this is an OEM device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

I appreciate you providing the Intel System Support Utility (SSU) logs and for us to give you an accurate recommendation, please provide the following information.

• You mentioned that you have tried everything, hence, would you mind sharing the steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue?
  • You also mentioned that this laptop is new, hence, please indicate if you tested other monitor to check if the same issue appears?
  • What ports did you use to connect the two external monitors?
  • What is the native resolution of both monitors?
  • Have you tried a different cable and/or connector type?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
FelixMettler
Beginner

What I tried:

checked the resolution and scale of the screens (Screens have a resolution of 1920 x 1200)

checked all the drivers and windows updates (whole system is up to date)

activated Cleartype

... and many more tipps I found in the net like setting LogPixels, deactivated energy savings...

The monitors are connected with DP Cables to a HP dock, the dock with USB-C to the laptop. I tested with direct HDMI connection -> same issue.

Probably I should open a ticket at HP?

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello Felixmettler,

Prior to opening up a ticket to your laptop manufacturer, we wanted to exhaust all the possible troubleshooting that might resolve your concern.

To fix your issue, please try to follow the steps indicated on this article,

You may also want to try these troubleshooting steps that I obtain from your laptop manufacturer as well.

We hope this helps and looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
FelixMettler
Beginner

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello Felixmettler,

I am sorry to hear that the resolution we provided did not fix the issue and before we refer you to your system manufacturer, I will be asking you some questions to further isolate the issue.

• Have you tried using a different dock?
  • Have you tried using a different monitor to check if issue is persisting?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
FelixMettler
Beginner

Good day JCatulpos,

Just tried it out - Dockingstation from Acer with other screens - same issue.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello FelixMettler,

Seeing that the issue persisted, you may try to contact your system manufacturer for further assistance. For your convenience you can contact them through this link: https://support.hp.com/my-en

As there is no further action needed, we will now go ahead and close this query. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos