Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

bright area in the center of my screen

Erwan
Beginner

Hello,

I have an Intel NUC NUC8I7BEH2 from June 2020, with an Intel Iris Plus 655 graphics card. Since yesterday, a very bright area is displayed in the center of the screen, in the shape of a rectangle with rounded corners, with a border of 50 pixels displayed normally. See attached image.

This area appears as soon as the monitor is switched on, and even in the bios. My graphics card driver is up to date and I ran a GPU diagnostic with "Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit", which found everything working normally.

I've scoured the web looking for a solution, and tried various things, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

PS: I'm French and use DeepL for translation.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Replace the monitor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Erwan
Beginner

Thanks for the tip, but it won't be necessary to replace the monitor. The bright area disappeared completely within 2 days. Are BenQ monitors able to self-repair?

Strange things sometimes happen...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Are BenQ monitors able to self-repair?"   Only on sci-fi movies and tv shows, but you could ask BenQ to be certain.

0 Kudos
Erwan
Beginner
0 Kudos
Erwan
Beginner

Hello,

AlHill was right, the monitor had to be replaced. A few days after the bright area had dissipated on its own, one morning the monitor remained completely black. I ordered the same model and received it today.

What I don't like at all is that the monitor broke down just 1 month after the warranty expired.

See you next time ... I mean next problem! 🙂

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad the problem is solved.

0 Kudos