I tried to update it but it would say "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer please obtain the appropriate driver for this computer manufacturer"I use the most up to date version of there driver but it hasn't been updated since 2018.
1. You didn't get any information about your system. Usually it is advised to download Graphics Driver for laptop from the manufacturer site, as the manufacturer, sometime customizes the Graphics Drivers.
2. If you want more help, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post (use "paperclip", below the left bottom corner).
- I've asked for SSU scan (in my post, I sent a link to SSU tool), while what you have attached is an Dxdiag results. Any way, I can see that you have two graphics chips on your laptop: and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M.
- In laptops, in many cases, when you have an additional graphic adapter (NVIDIA in your case), the Intel Integrated Graphics is disabled in BIOS.
- You have to be aware that the Intel drivers are sometime customized by the laptop manufacturer. So, the best way is to update drivers downloaded from manufacturer site.
- Any way, the this is the latest Intel Graphics Driver for Intel HD Graphics 4600.
- For applicable NVIDIA driver you should ask at Toshiba or NVIDIA support.