Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

dedicated video memory 0

kmorr6
Beginner

dedicated video memory 0

hello I have a new model laptop

*GPU Intel HD Graphics 505

8gb ram ddr4 2222 ghz

Latest dedicated memory drivers installed correctly

the problem is with the intel graphics 505 i find dedicated memory of video 0 zero so every time I want to play an old game that more than meets the requirements does not leave me for lack video.

I tried to fix it on my own but in google there is no information on how to fix that error on this integrated graphics.

Thank you iwould appreciate telling me how to fix this small but annoying problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello kmorr6,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

There is no way to preset the dedicated video memory to a specific value, you can only limit the maximum memory that it can take. 

This option is usually available in BIOS. The settings users can modify are 128 MB, 256 MB and maximum DVMT. Setting other values depends on the motherboard manufacturer and the amount of RAM installed on the computer.

I would recommend contacting the system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer so they can provide options for you to change the dedicated video memory if possible.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello kmorr6,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

0 Kudos
kmorr6
Beginner

hello

I could not enter the bios until I succeeded (today) :-D. I increase the video increased to 512 mb (see image)

"and the mouse disappears from the screen". it only gets fixed by reversing the changes

why does that happen?

"previously" I increased the vram through the local regedit machine, created a dedicated key segmensize (Do I have to reverse this and do it from the "only bios")?.

some other option of the bios that you recommend me to have better graphic performance "fps"

really very grateful in advance

20190930_214431[1].jpg

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello kmorr6,

Thank you for your response.

You can have more information about video memory in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Since this option is managed in the BIOS, the system manufacturer should be able to assist you with how to set it up without having the issues you mention. 

David V

0 Kudos