Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

display driver has stopped responding and recovered...

enort
Beginner

I have a toshiba satellite laptop with a intel N3700 CPU and 4703 graphics chip. The screen keeps going black or sometimes I get the message that "the display driver has stopped responding and recovered..."

and have to do a hard reset to get it back. I am running windows 8.1. I have downloaded the drivers from this intel website which worked for a short while but no longer. I have thought of uninstalling the current graphics software to totally replace it but am not sure if this would work or whether there is a more up to date driver I could use which might help. The problem is most prevalent when I close the machine down or when I close the laptop lid to put it to sleep temporarily. Any help appreciated, thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dwrd,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Let's try to address this matter using an older driver, please see below;

Intel® HD Graphics .4578: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81498 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Completely remove the driver with these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager. Windows 8 and 8.1: Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Once done install the driver above using these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

If the issue persists, please let me know your computer model.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

dwrd,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
enort
Beginner

Thank you, I have been away for a week but will try this fix now. I will let you know if it works and whether I need more help. Whether it works or not I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

dwrd, hope the issue was fixed with the steps provided.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos