Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

does Intel UHD Graphics support Displayport 1.2?

FGarg
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes. The Intel UHD graphics engine can simultaneously output in a number of formats across its three output channels, including: HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, embedded DisplayPort 1.4 and VGA. Since HDMI 1.4 cannot support 4K@60Hz, it is common for systems to output using the DisplayPort 1.2 format and, if an HDMI connector is desired, use an LCPcon chip to convert the output from DisplayPort 1.2 format to HDMI 2.0 format. As well, systems that support monitors via a USB-C connector are configuring the graphics output channel for DisplayPort 1.2 and configuring the USB-C chip to support "DisplayPort Alternate Mode".

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
FGarg
Beginner

Dear Scott, thank you so much for your quick answer. Are you saying that I can connect two external Displays to my laptop? One from my HDMI port and one with the adaptor below from my USB 3.0 port...Would something like this on sale on Amazon.com work?

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter (USB to HDMI Adapter) for Windows up to 1440p in Black

Thanks again

Filippo

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello FGarg, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello FGarg, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos