Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20894 Discussions

driver update

shukim
Beginner

hi, for the last few days every morning my intel support assistant in the taskbar wants to update the same driver!Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.png 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may hide this notification: Steps to disable notifications from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

Leon

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @shukim

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

If I may jump here, I would like to confirm some information with you: 

-Can you please confirm the model of your integrated graphics? 

-In order to understand better your issue, did you already install the driver and it keeps showing in the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant, or is that you are not sure if you have to install this driver update? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
shukim
Beginner

hi,

thank you for the quick reply. where can I find the model of your integrated graphics?

and yes, I installed both the driver (several times) and the Support assistance. 

thank you, 

Joshua. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Joshua,

In order to get better information about your system (including the Integrated Graphics), please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
shukim
Beginner

hi Leon, 

thank you again for the quick reply. attached are the SSU scan results. 

Joshua. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Joshua,

Your laptop is equipped with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics Integrated Graphis (in addition to the discrete NVIDIA GeForce MX450 Graphics).

The latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver you may download here.  Download the gfx_win_101.3790_101.2114.exe to your laptop and follow the instructions for Clean Installation of Intel Graphics Driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
shukim
Beginner

Hi Leon, 

i downloaded and installed the driver as you instructed and still.... file is attached. 

thank you,

Joshua.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @shukim

If I may jump here, we would like to check if the Intel® DSA is trying to recommend you an Intel Ark higher driver version, does it give you the same driver update if you install the Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH Driver – BETA

In any case, try the following steps: 

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 
  2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 
  3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 
  4. Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring the browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy, these are the only web browsers supported for this tool. 
  5. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 

If the previous step didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @shukim

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @shukim

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos