I'm using Vaio Z Canvas Laptop (i7-4770HQ, Iris Pro 5200). Vaio Corp provided new 22.214.171.12435 graphic driver recently (January 30), but it doesn't working properly.
This flickering occurs only on 3D(ex. games) in fullscreen mode with recent graphics driver(.4835) on recent Windows 10 build(version 1709, 16299.15). If I play videos(2D) or 3D games in windowed mode, or use former graphics driver(.4549) or former Windows build(version 10.0, 10240), it does not flickers. Also, If I turn on Vertical Sync in each games, most games stop the flickering but some games, it doesn't fix the problem.
Windows 10 version 10.0 (build 10240, Factory reset) and 126.96.36.19935
- worked properly
Windows 10 version 1709 (build 16299.15, installed Windows 10 only, no any other updates) and 188.8.131.5249
- worked properly
Windows 10 version 1709 (build 16299.15, installed Windows 10 only, no any other updates) and 184.108.40.20635
- flickering (tried either, Intel official one and Vaio Corp one)
Is this issue has reported? Is there any solutions to fix this? or I have to use .4549 driver and do not upgrade to .4835?
Since I've heard that there were some security issues on older drivers and .4835 have fixed it, I want to use latest driver if it is possible.
EDIT: It seems this problem already reported on this thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/118820
Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team, GhostFairy.
For me to assist you better regarding this issue you are facing please provide me with the information requested in the following link: /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761
Furthermore, please make sure you are using the recommended graphics configuration for the games you are running, you can double check this on https://gameplay.intel.com/ https://gameplay.intel.com/. Also, please make sure that the games you are running reach at least the minimum requirements to run them. Additionally, please try usinghttps://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip these drivers (4889) provided by Intel®, in order to install them, please follow these instructions:
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
6. Open Device Manager
7. Expand the Display adapters section.
8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" if not, please complete the first 4 steps until you see this in the Display Adapter entry)
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, nevertheless, we can try performing this troubleshooting step.